Sponsored

Passenger side rear speaker extremely low?

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
I have the JBL system in my Tacoma and I have noticed the rear speakers are a lot lower in regard to volume output than the front. I am assuming that is pretty much the same experience for most? I know I read that about the 3rd generation. If not please let me know but my issue is the passenger side rear speaker seems to be extremely low. I played with the fade and shifted all sound to the rear and then each side to compare and although it seems sound is not super loud out of rather the drivers side is definitely better than the passenger side. Is anyone else having that issue or is it possible I have a speaker issue? It doesn’t crackle or anything but my phone is putting out more sound than this speaker. Wondering if I should have a dealer look at this. This “premium” audio is ok but coming from a Jeep which sounded like a concern hall it kind of sucks lol.
Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I've noticed the same thing. The front speaker overpowers everything. I think the problem is that the front speaker is basically in your face, whereas the rear door speakers are down low, firing into the carpet and rear seats. What would be ideal is to convert the rear headrests into speakers. That would get the sound up off the floor and firing towards the front.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed the same thing. The front speaker overpowers everything. I think the problem is that the front speaker is basically in your face, whereas the rear door speakers are down low, firing into the carpet and rear seats. What would be ideal is to convert the rear headrests into speakers. That would get the sound up off the floor and firing towards the front.
It definitely takes away from the “surround” effect but I have a Ford Ranger for work that doesn’t has just standard audio and two rear speakers in rear doors and it sounds way better just from having equal sound output. But I’m concerned as to why my right rear I considerably lower than left.

WaitingToo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Also disappointed in sound levels, on mine sounds like most sound is coming from removable Bluetooth speaker up front....

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also disappointed in sound levels, on mine sounds like most sound is coming from removable Bluetooth speaker up front....
On mine I should say the sound is not terrible. In fact up front it’s pretty good but pushing the sound to each corner individually it really does sound like the passenger rear something might be off because it’s just way too low.

For sure music coming out of Spotify on my phone at high bitrate sounds more punchy than Sirius. Almost wonder if the Sirius app would sound better than from the truck. I want to try a wire connection also which I’ve got to get the right cord for my phone. But I’m think that might be best. I generally don’t like wireless auto connects anyway …I guess I’m a bit old school because I just want to turn it off by pulling the plug out rather than going through settings.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
The removable speaker has volume controls on it, but unfortunately they don't work when installed in the truck.
Sponsored