S.E. Michigan Ceramic and PPF Installers

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For those of you in SE Michigan, where is a good place to get Ceramic Coating and PPF installed. Looking for window tint too. I live in Fenton, about 20 miles south of Flint and 30 miles north of Ann Arbor.
Thanks for you help
Sponsored

Hellobye

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Precision auto Novi was the cheapest one I found. They have good customer service but has a pretty small team. They do a recheck in the ppf in like 2 weeks to make sure itā€™s not peeling. They did a good job but cut a little bit of the rubber trim.
Ppf brand is llumar

Ekin95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
PPF I used auto edge experts in Troy and Brighten area. Alā€™so you have newlayer customs in Troy. They are by far the absolute best in the biz. They did a partial wrap on my car and the final result was perfect. I have seen his PPF jobs and I was stunned on how good they are. Check new layer customs on IG. agreed on precision motorsports in Farmington hills. I have used them on coilover, exhaust, etc and their team is the best around. They work with a high end detailer as well. I just cannot remember his name. If I remember I will reply back.
wrap pic for you..

E4558AAB-756A-41F5-B180-01D0E42290FB.jpeg

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone used D&L Auto in Otisville?
They gave me a quote of $4600 for
-Ceramic Pro Kovaca Front end PPF(Bumper,Hood, Fenders,Mirrors, Lights)- Lifetime Warranty
-ION Ultimate Ceramic rest of car including glass-Lifetime Warranty
-Ceramic Pro Wheels off package
-Xpel Ceramic XR Tint All windows
Price seems good, but I saw a Camaro ZL1 in there that I was not to impressed with the application.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I cancelled the deal with D&L Auto. I would NOT,NOT,NOT recommend them. After seeing a Camaro ZL1 they had, it looked like a 5 year old did the front bumper. A couple seams were actually jagged, not clean cut. I pointed it out the "Shop Manager" and he replied "Lifetime warranty". The owner, Dave, seems ok and honest, but his staff is clueless. His kid does the film, and he is no more than 19 yrs old, and clearly doesn't care about his work. The shop mgr is a fool and knows nothing.

Today I called around to New Layer and Precision. Precision uses LLumar, so that was a no for me, and they wanted $2800 for a Full Front application.

New Layer was next. While it appears the guy at NEW Layer is "The Guy" he wanted $3100 for a Full Front. He was very informative on the phone and clearly knows what he is doing, just from a short talk on the phone. Strongly considered him, as he may be the best. And sometimes that comes at a cost.

I ended up with Lingenfelter. I talked to them yesterday, and Matt ( the kid who does the PPF) was familiar with the Supra as he did a Yellow one not to long ago. He did express his dislike of doing the front bumper, but who could blame him. Today I visited them, and Matt is buds with the guy from New Layer (his name escapes me, Serg or something like that). He knows his work and explained what he would do on the car the same way New layer said he would. Then I saw his work. It was VERY well done. I had mentioned the New Layer wanted nearly double what Lingenfelter was going to charge. In the end, Matt asked, " do they really charge double?" I said "almost" and told him the $3100 price tag. The Lingenfelter price is $1900 for the Full Front application. Seems like a steal to me.

If your looking into this same thing, I encourage to go meet these people is person. You get a clear idea if they know what they are talking about, and you can see their work up close. Internet pictures just don't cut it when your spending this kind of money

Thanks @Hellobye and @Ekin95 for the suggestions

Last edited:

Ekin95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
No problem, new layer is the best by far but that comes with a price. I did not even know of them until I got my wrap. My full front PPF job from auto edge experts was $750 in spring of 2021 and the job is flawless. I honestly donā€™t know how they do it. If you want their contact info let me know and good luck with whatever you choose.

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No problem, new layer is the best by far but that comes with a price. I did not even know of them until I got my wrap. My full front PPF job from auto edge experts was $750 in spring of 2021 and the job is flawless. I honestly donā€™t know how they do it. If you want their contact info let me know and good luck with whatever you choose.
Thanks. I contacted Auto Edged and left a message. Haven't heard back.
On a side note, have you seen the Traxxas 4Tec 3.0 Supra R/C car. If not, here you go. I want to buy one, but you need this
1680659515782.png

Ekin95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ask to talk to Joe Bisque he is the owner. Great guy and he is mobile for certain applications. He did the full front as well as my headlights and lower valance/side skirts. In stealth PPF.

yeah I have seen the rc car. my design was based off the gr racecar and I guess the rc car was as well.

OP
OP

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ask to talk to Joe Bisque he is the owner. Great guy and he is mobile for certain applications. He did the full front as well as my headlights and lower valance/side skirts. In stealth PPF.

yeah I have seen the rc car. my design was based off the gr racecar and I guess the rc car was as well.
I visited Auto Edge today, but Joe was on vacation. I talked to the guy who does the PPF and he knew your car. To my suprise, they had a dark silver Supra in there they were working on. Some guy who only tracks it. (If the owner sees this, they did a great job on your car). They do very good work, and the installer also mentioned Serg from New Layer, is the top dog. Matt from Lingenfelter and this guy at Auto Edge are VERY good. He gave me a rough quote, as Joe does all that, at around $2800 for the Full Front kit. After seeing Matt's work at Lingenfelter and their price, It's a no brainer. After I get my car done, I will post a review with my thoughts. Won't be until mid May

On a side note, I want to give New layer a shout out. All your peers know you are "The Man" keep up the good work

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0P, 23 Tacoma, 22 Mercedes Benz GLB
Lingenfelter as in the Corvette place? I'd be interested in the info too.

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0P, 23 Tacoma, 22 Mercedes Benz GLB
Yes and what info are you interested in?
Just contact info for them but guessing it was Lingenfelter Auto Spa in Brighton? Thanks for the recommendation I definitely wouldnā€™t have thought of them. My dad wants to do a chrome delete on his Taycan too.

lemanlysol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3P NY
19 yrs old, and clearly doesn't care about his work.

they wanted $2800 for a Full Front application.

he wanted $3100 for a Full Front.

The Lingenfelter price is $1900 for the Full Front application. Seems like a steal to me.
I bought a stone guard ppf that covers the front + half the hood and mirrors for $230 and will apply it myself. I will not pay an idiot a thousand dollars to put film on.
Sponsored