2019 Toyota Supra - First Prototype Spotted! Photos & Video Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Mazda's concept is beautiful but irrelevant because it'll never see production. Even if they wanted to, they just don't have the money to pursue it. By comparison, Toyota and Honda are overflowing with cash, but it still took them decades to give us a sportscar again.

And even if it did make it to production, you'd have to pick it up at literally the oldest dumpiest dirtiest dealership in town.
Sponsored

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Mazda's concept is beautiful but irrelevant because it'll never see production. Even if they wanted to, they just don't have the money to pursue it. By comparison, Toyota and Honda are overflowing with cash, but it still took them decades to give us a sportscar again.

And even if it did make it to production, you'd have to pick it up at literally the oldest dumpiest dirtiest dealership in town.
unless they split the cost with another automaker like they did with the Miata and Fiat 124 spider.

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
We still didn't see the famous Toyota DAU plate on the Prototype, we only saw it on the GT3RS and on the White MKIV Supra hmmmmm...

Last edited:

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i like this rendering way better than Jalopnik's version.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
^Oh yes, that was posted in the LC thread. Some people think it could have been a language barrier thing. But to your post, yes I believe this could be a possibility.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
We still didn't see the famous Toyota DAU plate on the Prototype, we only saw it on the GT3RS and on the White MKIV Supra hmmmmm...
i was just thinking same thing. some reasons on top of my head would be maybe BMW is doing all the R&D. or they are just taking the lend for the early stage R&D. i believe earlier 86/BRZ prototypes only have Toyota's DAU plates on them, but later versions also included Subaru's MZ plates. i will play devil's advocated for a moment, this may not be the new Supra. really i dont think anyone here knows 100% either way. it could still be a car for Toyota, but for the Lexus line instead. as others have stated in the past the Lexus line up could use a SLK, Z4, F-type, Cayman and etc competitor. this is a very small segment and it doesn't make a good business case. either way i think we should all be open minded and explore every outcome.

Last edited:

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
^Oh yes, that was posted in the LC thread. Some people think it could have been a language barrier thing. But to your post, yes I believe this could be a possibility.
Its very possible its just a language barrier, I would be surprised if its based on the LC but I wont complain at all.

Last edited:

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
i was just thinking same thing. some reasons on top of my head would be maybe BMW is doing all the R&D. or they are just taking the lend for the early stage R&D. i believe earlier 86/BRZ prototypes only have Toyota's DAU plates on them, but later versions also included Subaru's MZ plates. i will play play devil's advocated for a moment, this may not be the new Supra. really i dont think anyone here knows 100% either way. it could still be a car for Toyota, but for the Lexus line instead. as others have stated in the past the Lexus line up could use a SLK, Z4, F-type, Cayman and etc competitor. this is a very small segment and it doesn't make a good business case. either way i think we should all be open minded and explore every outcome.
Hopefully we get a clear idea at Detroit motor show.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
unless they split the cost with another automaker like they did with the Miata and Fiat 124 spider.
Hmmm....I wonder why:

2015 (USD) Profits:
Fiat Chrysler Auto = $410 million (lol)
Mazda = $2.1 billion
BMW = $7.0 billion
Toyota = $20.9 billion

I wonder who needs the help.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Really, really sexy.

Love the rear end. Can't really tell what the vibe is... but it looks like a Supra. A little bit Mitsubishi FTO, but more Aston. Only things it's missing is the deployable spoiler and a bigger diffuser.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I think that's because the prototype is probably on Magna Steyr plates, not Toyota factory plates.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.