TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Wouldn't surprise me since the new 2024 Tacoma is on sale already without TRD Pro and Trailhunter trims for sale... and not even their pricing nor MPG have been announced.

Anyone have any idea why the delay? 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I agree, I hope we see a 2025 4Runner TRD Pro and Trailhunter versions immediately on sale at launch.
Other brands do this exact thing. They tend to put the base trims out first to at least accumulate some sales then offer the heavy hitters. The heavy hitters this time around aren’t only the TRD Pro and Trailhunter but also that I-Force Max. The Powertrain alone is very interesting with how much power and torque is delivered and I’m almost certain that Toyota wanted to get it right before it releases. Maybe fix some of the quirks about it so that it’s a smooth launch and not a lot of issues off the bat.

I think that’s also why it’s taken Toyota long to release the LC to the public. That I-Force max is something else.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Knowing Toyota it probably has to do with their goofy allocation process and needing to have stock available before launch. Worst thing you can do is debut it and not have inventory I suppose. BTW: The Tacoma's Jan 2024 sales stats were the lowest sales for the model in over a decade-- and it's a brand new vehicle. I'm still peeved at Toyota over the lack of sunroof in the Rav4 Woodland Edition, let alone dealers not having anything to test drive. Had that been available we may not have bought a Bronco Sport.

Might be the case. Makes me wonder then if the 4R is going to be a 3-row and the LC will be the 3-row?

I'm really torn between the Trailhunter (from what I've read and seen online) and a Gladiator Mojave, though the new Land Cruiser and 4Runner are making me have second thoughts entirely. I'm ready to order a JT but I want to see the Trailhunter first.
That’s a great question! I never really thought of Toyota offering the 3 row on the 4Runner but given that the LC doesn’t have it maybe they could offer it and might distinguish it enough to maybe sway a buyer? But then again the ones sold in Europe and Japan will get it but NA won’t. I feel like the GX having it made it where they wouldn’t offer it off the bat but maybe they will at a later date. It’s very confusing and a lot of things contradict itself. If I had to fully guess or understand is that the 4Runner gets the 3 row as an option.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s a great question! I never really thought of Toyota offering the 3 row on the 4Runner but given that the LC doesn’t have it maybe they could offer it and might distinguish it enough to maybe sway a buyer? But then again the ones sold in Europe and Japan will get it but NA won’t. I feel like the GX having it made it where they wouldn’t offer it off the bat but maybe they will at a later date. It’s very confusing and a lot of things contradict itself. If I had to fully guess or understand is that the 4Runner gets the 3 row as an option.
I made a mistake- 4R 3 and LC 2 but regardless you got my point.

The GX and FJ Cruiser were dark horses and came along at a weird time. In the early 2000s the environmentalist lobby was really beating the drums hard about SUVs not getting decent MPG, the Prius was still wet behind the ears, and the SUV market was really coming to the forefront in sales (hence the green lobby attention). There were also more mid-size truck-based and/or body frame SUVs out there at the time- Blazer/Jimmy, Explorer, Durango, and the XJ Cherokee were all competition for the 4Runner.

But because of the ROW markets, Toyota had the ability to federalize a ROW chassis with minimal development costs and get two more vehicles into the mix to take advantage of the growing segment-- the GX and FJ. And, they slotted both above (luxury) and below (sporty) the always popular 4Runner without stealing its primary market. Smart move. I just wish the FJ had sold better to avoid getting axed in the USDM.

IceColdNorth

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Other brands do this exact thing. They tend to put the base trims out first to at least accumulate some sales then offer the heavy hitters. The heavy hitters this time around aren’t only the TRD Pro and Trailhunter but also that I-Force Max. The Powertrain alone is very interesting with how much power and torque is delivered and I’m almost certain that Toyota wanted to get it right before it releases. Maybe fix some of the quirks about it so that it’s a smooth launch and not a lot of issues off the bat.

I think that’s also why it’s taken Toyota long to release the LC to the public. That I-Force max is something else.
Agreed. The iforce hybrid on Sequoia has way more torque than you'd expect. Any similar inline hybrid setup on 4R, LC250, and Tacoma should be a lot of fun.

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
TRDJon's video discussing the 2025 4Runner prototype pics:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
TRDJon's video discussing the 2025 4Runner prototype pics:

I watched a little bit of what he said. Will watch more at a later time

OP
OP

Henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4runner
That's not a tailgate light bar is it?! Hopefully just camouflage?
The new GX has a light bar... so maybe? Although the new Land Cruiser doesn't.. so maybe not? :D

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 1707347429351-

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 003-2024-toyota-land-cruiser-first-look

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The new GX has a light bar... so maybe? Although the new Land Cruiser doesn't.. so maybe not? :D

1707347429351-png.png

003-2024-toyota-land-cruiser-first-look.jpg
Is it me or does the taillights on the 4Runner Prototype have the same design element as the LC? 🤔 This is how I see it, get the side taillights of the LC Shrink them just a bit then add the full width light bar at the rear

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics IMG_7936

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics IMG_7937