Clicking / ratcheting noise - rolling straight - Whiteline Lowering

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Local speed shop just installed Whiteline lowering springs and I drove about a mile home and noticed a clicking / ticking when driving straight. NO NOISE when turning or bumps, but getting the weirdest noise just rolling along. Car is gonna be trailered back to the shop, but any idea what this could be?? Now that I recorded it outside the car it sounds like a ratcheting noise. Big sad. Weather just cleared up for a drive too :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I thought the noise was from the front passenger side but with the video it almost sounds like its both front side on the front? Heck it could be the rear. :confused:

MrAnalogRobot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, G80 M3, MB GLA250, Mazda CX-9
I wonder if one of the wires wasn't secured in the clips or maybe that headlight leveling sensor is dangling? Since it happens when rolling and not turning, makes me wonder if something back there just wasn't tucked away properly and contacts wheel or suspension but when wheel is turned it doesn't reach whatever it's tapping against?

Im in the process of lowering right now. I would love to learn what the issue is after the shop diagnoses it.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I wonder if one of the wires wasn't secured in the clips or maybe that headlight leveling sensor is dangling? Since it happens when rolling and not turning, makes me wonder if something back there just wasn't tucked away properly and contacts wheel or suspension but when wheel is turned it doesn't reach whatever it's tapping against?

Im in the process of lowering right now. I would love to learn what the issue is after the shop diagnoses it.
I would normally rip right into it, but the shop who did the work is going to resolve the issue. Probably a simple oversight as the car doesn't make any of the typical issues we see on the a90 when lowering. Just bummed out that its so nice out and I can't drive it.
Sponsored