Looking for Shop to do Body Work (areo) and Roll Cage (Monterey | NorCal )

OP
OP
table

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
It’s not cheap, for sure. I paid a third party shop for a turnkey install of the DAS harness bar. They removed interior and seats, sagged gas tank, stripped/sanded interior paint at 4 welding points, welded in and painted plates and brackets, cut and reinstalled interior. When you consider the time it takes to tack in plates, test fit, adjust, retack, its a lot of time and in and out the car and probably requires 2 people to get it right. I’d expect to pay 1200-2000 in labor on top of whatever you pay for a bar.
Ok, when you say it like that, it makes sense. Thank you!

Last edited:

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF, 2022 GR86, 2011 EVO X
They are in SoCal. Ideally, I would like to get their cage as it seems like a nice product, though I would like to get it installed in NorCal. I emailed them a week and a half ago, no response. Guess they don't want my 2.5k haha.
Were you ever able to find a prefab roll bar installer in Monterey or the Bay Area for your SUPRA?

As far as Studio RSR, I would not recommend them. Their bars look great. However, their customer service is non-existent, and their communication (as you have found out) is horrible and is worse after you place a deposit on a bar. I've been waiting for a half cage, for which I placed an order and a $1500 deposit in October 2023. It's been six months. Every month, I have e-mailed them for updates. I never receive a timely reply. So I make 5-10 email requests over and over. Yes, it is excessive. They do get back to me, but in a few cases, it has taken 2 weeks! Even then, they give excuses that they've had production problems and say it should be ready in one month.. beginning in January 2024. Read the Yelp, Google, and Better Business Bureau Reviews, as well as do a search for reviews on other non Supra forum sites before you order. They continue to have problems with excessive delays and getting deposits and refunds back. I just ordered another bar from another fabricator. I'll deal with them in small claims court if I cannot get a refund. I can't give out the name yet because I want to see if they ship it in 4-6 weeks, as promised. I'll post an honest endorsement and pictures if they come through. I also live in Monterey but go up to the South Bay for performance installs, etc. Not much in Monterey County, as you know.

OP
OP
table

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
Were you ever able to find a prefab roll bar installer in Monterey or the Bay Area for your SUPRA?

As far as Studio RSR, I would not recommend them. Their bars look great. However, their customer service is non-existent, and their communication (as you have found out) is horrible and is worse after you place a deposit on a bar. I've been waiting for a half cage, for which I placed an order and a $1500 deposit in October 2023. It's been six months. Every month, I have e-mailed them for updates. I never receive a timely reply. So I make 5-10 email requests over and over. Yes, it is excessive. They do get back to me, but in a few cases, it has taken 2 weeks! Even then, they give excuses that they've had production problems and say it should be ready in one month.. beginning in January 2024. Read the Yelp, Google, and Better Business Bureau Reviews, as well as do a search for reviews on other non Supra forum sites before you order. They continue to have problems with excessive delays and getting deposits and refunds back. I just ordered another bar from another fabricator. I'll deal with them in small claims court if I cannot get a refund. I can't give out the name yet because I want to see if they ship it in 4-6 weeks, as promised. I'll post an honest endorsement and pictures if they come through. I also live in Monterey but go up to the South Bay for performance installs, etc. Not much in Monterey County, as you know.
Hey,

I ended up going to Rich at Doteki Auto Solutions up in Sacramento for their weld-in roll bar back in October. The bar came out perfect and really changed the dynamic of the car. I did have to leave it there a bit longer (about 1 1/2 months to be honest....) than usual due to some family issues he was having and the race project he was doing. He will get it done but I wouldn't trust the time frame he may give. To be fair that was more than half a year ago, so things may have changed.

Side note, the RSR cages are bolt-in/rivet-in not weld-in, and as I have found out, welding is the safest and best form of mounting.

It was more than RSR by a bit, but It is a good product and definitely was installed properly, just took longer than expected.

Nothing down here in Monterey. I am a Nitro yellow with a Street hunter wing and te37 so if you see me say hi haha

Let me know what you end up doing!

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF, 2022 GR86, 2011 EVO X
Hey,

I ended up going to Rich at Doteki Auto Solutions up in Sacramento for their weld-in roll bar back in October. The bar came out perfect and really changed the dynamic of the car. I did have to leave it there a bit longer (about 1 1/2 months to be honest....) than usual due to some family issues he was having and the race project he was doing. He will get it done but I wouldn't trust the time frame he may give. To be fair that was more than half a year ago, so things may have changed.

Side note, the RSR cages are bolt-in/rivet-in not weld-in, and as I have found out, welding is the safest and best form of mounting.

It was more than RSR by a bit, but It is a good product and definitely was installed properly, just took longer than expected.

Nothing down here in Monterey. I am a Nitro yellow with a Street hunter wing and te37 so if you see me say hi haha

Let me know what you end up doing!
Nice yeah, I've heard of Doteki and was considering driving up there, but too far good to hear your experience was good except for the wait. It makes sense, to spend extra for a weld-in bar, more structural rigidity than a bolt in. Though, for street and the occasional track day, a bolt-in is enough for my needs. If I were to do more tracking, I'd do a full cage, strip the interior, etc haha, ... but it's unlikely I'll ever get that far with my build. I like the TE37s as well, probably my next purchase.

I'll keep my eye out for your Nitro Yellow; there are not many Supras down here, as you know. I drive an absolute zero white A91CF, lowering springs, AWE exhaust and AA catted down pipe. I track mostly at LS (one of the advantages of living here) and occasionally at Sonoma, and TH. I'll keep hunting for an installer.
Sponsored