mgomz992

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium (Auto)
Hey all,

Couldn't find anything concrete on here or reddit. So I'm posting pics and asking for advice. Unfortunately, I ran over what I think was a block of wood or something and it disintegrated a part of my under carriage panel and dented it in the driver side rear chassis brace bar going to the wheel. I've attached pics with what I'm talking about. The ding is a nice size but there no other damage anywhere else.

Quickly poking around it looks like a few of y'all have replaced or removed the brace entirely as part of something like an exhaust install. Its not that expensive so no biggie. Same goes for the plastic panel. I could probably knock out the work in an hour or two.

My question is this: Is this even worth replacing? Yeah there's a ding to a part that adds structural rigidity but it doesn't seem that bad. My worry is that like a soda can tab it gets worse/snaps over time as the body flexes. I do track the car so I'm wondering if its worth just knocking out. Id rather not spend the time unbolting all that stuff though.

Thanks in advance for y'all insight

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
mgomz992

mgomz992

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium (Auto)
Also if anyone has part numbers that'd be great.

Looks like the underbody panel thats cracked is 57268E.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Replace that brace with a cusco bar. The factory bar is pretty flimsy

OP
OP
mgomz992

mgomz992

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium (Auto)
I went ahead and just ordered the panel. I'll keep an eye on it over time to see if it gets worse.
Sponsored