Supra vs Z vs M2

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The main reason here down under in Australia is Nissan drip feeding with supply. Nissan stopped taking orders for Coupe since July 2022 as they’ve reached the production capacity, we have customers waiting for their order for over 1.5 years and still not built or shipped yet. Those who’ve managed to order before the preorder window closed back in July 2022 were told the ETA is end of 2023. Nissan is just not making them, I guess there’s more money in Qashqai then Z. I’ve preordered back in January 2022 and only received it couple of weeks ago… one of the lucky ones here in Australia. Not sure about rest of the global market.

IMG_3207.jpeg
So you have both the Supra and the Z? I'd be really curious about your views on the car. Usually, they tend to be in favor of whatever forum you are reading. Obviously biased on here towards the Supra, Biased towards the Z on their forum. But having an owner with both, I'd love your honest opinions on it. YT reviews are such crap as I feel they won't really push any negatives for fear they won't get invited for any more press releases and the ones that bought the car don't want to say hey this is garbage I bought. (Not saying the car is, but no car is 100% perfect I can pick out many things on my 18 Mustang GT that I like over the Supra even though I think the Supra is a better overall car for me)
Sponsored

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT
So you have both the Supra and the Z? I'd be really curious about your views on the car. Usually, they tend to be in favor of whatever forum you are reading. Obviously biased on here towards the Supra, Biased towards the Z on their forum. But having an owner with both, I'd love your honest opinions on it. YT reviews are such crap as I feel they won't really push any negatives for fear they won't get invited for any more press releases and the ones that bought the car don't want to say hey this is garbage I bought. (Not saying the car is, but no car is 100% perfect I can pick out many things on my 18 Mustang GT that I like over the Supra even though I think the Supra is a better overall car for me)
You know I’ve waited 1.5 years for the Z since I put my deposit on, the waiting game with Z was just pisstaking. Supra was on the back burner until 2025 (we’ve all heard how it may go with a bang, potentially having s58 & limited edition). Around 7 months ago got this Supra by chance and it’s been a pleasant experience. I don’t think I can compare both as both are in different league. Supra is more refined, potential track weapon that can be a daily driver and a show car. Z is a beautifully made JDM show car that’s great for cruising and re-living the jdm dream. Z is rough in places, feels soft in hardcore driving but has a mechanical soul that makes you smile with each gear shifts and every pull. Compared to Z, supra is German shepherd and Z is silly Husky. More to come…

img_3023-jpeg.jpg

img_2906-jpeg.jpg

img_2944-jpeg.jpg

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
I think the rear end of the Z is fantastic. That dang front end fish tank grill and Cover Girl eyelashes headlights just kill me. Someone will (or probably has) a great body kit that makes the Z looks marvelous.

This VS kit looks pretty good.

0B44E622-433A-4421-84DC-F2F39C28A410.jpeg
Idk man, but this bodykit makes the car look like some early 2000s rice rocket.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Tokyo Auto Show 2023 showcased Z with some nice mods, disappointing to see only a couple of MK5’s
Well the supra isn't the hot buzz worthy model for events like TAS. 2019/2020 was the year for the Supra.