Toyota Supra Interior Looking More Production in Latest Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I'm not sure how I feel about the screen just sticking out like that. Looks like an afterthought like with the C-HR.

2017-Toyota-C-HR-8carscoops.jpg

2017-Toyota-C-HR-2carscoops.jpg
toyota has only recently started following this trend with the CHR and Lexus RX, however, their lineup mostly has integrated screens...the one you should be worried about is BMW, nearly all their headunits look like tablets grafted on...considering they're the only ones allowed to touch the supra, we should be prepared for that look. personally I don't care either way as long as it doesn't obscure the view and avoids glares.

KRaZi

First Name
Krish
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krishneil.com
Car(s)
JZX110 Mark II IR-V
Anyone else notice from the supra interior shots how the drivers side centre console seems to sweep up and meet the dash.. like the JZA80? also the Instrument cluster trim looks a lot rounder in an arch shape possible.. compared to the BMW shots.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Anyone else notice from the supra interior shots how the drivers side centre console seems to sweep up and meet the dash.. like the JZA80? also the Instrument cluster trim looks a lot rounder in an arch shape possible.. compared to the BMW shots.
yeah looks like they tried to incorporated that element.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
toyota has only recently started following this trend with the CHR and Lexus RX, however, their lineup mostly has integrated screens...the one you should be worried about is BMW, nearly all their headunits look like tablets grafted on...considering they're the only ones allowed to touch the supra, we should be prepared for that look. personally I don't care either way as long as it doesn't obscure the view and avoids glares.
After looking around the NX and facelift LX also has it. Yes most of the line up has it integrated, and I hope it stays that way. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me over time.

Switching gears, here is a spy photo of next 3 series' interior. I do like how the dash is positioned towards the driver.

2019-BMW-3-Series-13.jpg

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I hope the shifter and iDrive are just place holders. It would be kinda weird to open the door to a 'Toyota' and see BMW parts.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
^ lol. Well I think a shifter knob replacement won't kill Toyota's budget.
you would think that, but look at how window switches, door handles, steering wheel/column controls, etc get shared from different manufacturers with no attempts to differentiate such parts..

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I just think it is odd that they go through all the trouble to make the exterior different, but are now wanting to save on cost by leaving on BMW's shifter knob and iDrive dial. Sorry, I just dont buy that argument. If this was truly the case than the car would have simply been a rebadge BMW Z.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I just think it is odd that they go through all the trouble to make the exterior different, but are now wanting to save on cost by leaving on BMW's shifter knob and iDrive dial. Sorry, I just dont buy that argument. If this was truly the case than the car would have simply been a rebadge BMW Z.
the 86/BRZ pretty much have a shared interior and the Miata/124 Spider are also pretty much identical..you would think with this being a more expensive platform that would result in more differentiation but I would imagine that goes against the point of sharing costs/platform/development with another company to begin with, probably hard to convince the boardroom.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.