Sponsored

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Making my first post here to log my build and chit chat with you guys about it.

Picked up the truck last weekend, been loving it! It came with black rear tailgate lettering and mudflaps.

Parts on the way:
  • Wescott preload collar lift 2.50" Front/ .75" Rear
  • Truxedo X15 Tonneau Cover
  • Go Rhino Dominator D6 Side Steps
  • TRD Front Skid Plate
  • Toyota Bed Mat
  • Toyota Floor Liners

Things I've done so far:
  • Plasti-dipped the front emblem
  • Removed air dam
  • Method Wheels 703 17x8.5 +35mm Offset Matte Black
  • Falken Wildpeak AT4W 285/75/R17 (34.1")
Future Plans:
  • TRD Pro grill
  • TRD Pro fenders (if they fit)
  • Gloss black roof wrap
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Nothing special yet, just a pretty bronze oxide taco. Got rid of that hideous air dam and plasti dipped the front emblem.

I was torn while ordering wheels and tires on what tires to go with. The Toyo open country AT III in 285/75/17 are listed at 59lbs each, and falken at4w are 68lbs. I didn’t want to add 9lbs more per tire but with the experience I’ve had with the fallen at3w in the past, the falkens won out. Hopefully I do not regret the extra weight.

IMG_0004.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Wheels and tires came a bit early and was able to make some time to put them on today.

Method 703 +35mm offset
Falken Wildpeak at4w 285/75/17

there is no rubbing at all at full lock with no lift, no trimming, and no removal of the safety plate.
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your truck looks great! Can you get a picture from the front showing the whole front of the truck after you put the larger tires on? Thanks

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Great looking truck! I’ll be following your build for sure since it’s very close to what I want except for starting with a TRD Off-road premium with 6 foot bed. First one I’ve seen in Bronze Oxide with Black Method wheels…. I love it!

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I’m super interested in getting my roof wrapped with the gloss black, I haven’t seen any pics of a bronze oxide one with it. Please share pics when it’s done!

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your truck looks great! Can you get a picture from the front showing the whole front of the truck after you put the larger tires on? Thanks
Thanks! Let me know if this works..
IMG_0057.jpeg

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Had a strange issue yesterday, a loud squealing noise started, thought at first it was a rock stuck in a brake caliper but stopped and checked it out and there was nothing. Got back in and drove and realized the noise did not increase in pitch with speed so it was not related to something moving with the vehicles speed. Googled to see if anyone else was having this issue and found this Reddit thread with a video of the exact same noise.
I was about 50 miles from home so I decided to just head that way, when it started again I gave it some hard acceleration and it went away and did not come back for the whole trip home.

very strange…

Sponsored