JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
First look at third 3rd row seats (which as the discussion below confirms will only be available for the non-hybrid SR5 and Limited trims)

2025 Toyota 4runner 3rd row + cloth seats photos from 2025 Toyota 4Runner 6th gen (seen in press conference reveal) 2025 4runner 3rd third row 2 (1)

2025 Toyota 4runner 3rd row + cloth seats photos from 2025 Toyota 4Runner 6th gen (seen in press conference reveal) 2025 4runner 3rd third row 1 (1)

Also a first look at the cloth seats:

2025 Toyota 4runner 3rd row + cloth seats photos from 2025 Toyota 4Runner 6th gen (seen in press conference reveal) 2025 4runner cloth seats

Both from the official Toyota Press conference reveal video

Last edited by a moderator:

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Great video thank you!
Caught the statement at the end: "Production will occur in the fall at our Tahara plant and pricing will be released at that time".

booooooooooooooooooooo (lol)

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
There's also a pic of the Platinum trim in the video.

*8:16 if you want to look.

Last edited:

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
There's also a pic of the Platinum trim in the video.

*8:16 if you want to look.
Thanks for that! I’m not a video guy so your tip let me pick exactly the small bit I needed.

Now I wonder if the 3rd row will be optional on some or all trims?

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
Thanks for that! I’m not a video guy so your tip let me pick exactly the small bit I needed.

Now I wonder if the 3rd row will be optional on some or all trims?
It was noted the 3rd row was only available as an option on the SR5 and Limited trims. It is at 5:22 in the official Toyota "Reveal and Overview" video on YouTube (not this video above).

Reactions: MJE

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Please see the official Toyota Reveal and Overview video that says it's only available on the SR5 and Limited trims. The hybrid has a raised trunk platform and likely won't pair with the 3rd row.
This is correct. The 4Runner with 3 Rows will only come in the Non Hybrid models

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I just can't figure out where Toyota's head is at right now! WhyTF would they offer a 3rd row in a 4Runner but not the Land Cruiser?! This is just absolutely baffling to me. The LC was made the same size as the 4R to cut costs, but it's supposed to be the larger, family sized people mover in the lineup. The 4R is supposed to be a 5-passenger off-roader / grocery-getter. Now it's essentially the same vehicle, except you get to pick your price.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I just can't figure out where Toyota's head is at right now! WhyTF would they offer a 3rd row in a 4Runner but not the Land Cruiser?! This is just absolutely baffling to me. The LC was made the same size as the 4R to cut costs, but it's supposed to be the larger, family sized people mover in the lineup. The 4R is supposed to be a 5-passenger off-roader / grocery-getter. Now it's essentially the same vehicle, except you get to pick your price.
Well, if others spoke true. The Hybrid 4R won't be able to get the 3rd row, neither does the LC. So suspect room is the case.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Well, if others spoke true. The Hybrid 4R won't be able to get the 3rd row, neither does the LC. So suspect room is the case.
Actually that’s the main reason why it doesn’t get it. In Europe they have the 3rd row but that’s because those come with Diesels under the bonnet. Since the battery takes up that space, it would be hard to put a 3rd row.. I mean look at the Sequoia and how that turned out. It’s another reason why the LX comes with 3 rows since it’s just the 3.4TT V6.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
At the end of the day, it's not really an issue for me, as I've never had the want, let alone the need for a LC. Overall, I'm really impressed with the redesign, as I think that Toyota kept the basic design of the 4R. Anyone can still look at it and say, "That's a 4Runner". The only two things that really torque me are: 1) I REALLY HATE the modern, "Television on the dashboard", design that is so popular these days. 2) Red turn signals - really Toyota?