Boobajoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
At the end of the day, it's not really an issue for me, as I've never had the want, let alone the need for a LC. Overall, I'm really impressed with the redesign, as I think that Toyota kept the basic design of the 4R. Anyone can still look at it and say, "That's a 4Runner". The only two things that really torque me are: 1) I REALLY HATE the modern, "Television on the dashboard", design that is so popular these days. 2) Red turn signals - really Toyota?
Right? I hate the look of the "glued a tablet to the dash" style they rolled out. Really wish it was better integrated, even if that means a little smaller

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
My big issue is the amount of light in the cabin, that's generated by all the digital stuff, nowadays. The instrument cluster, the dials and buttons, the rearview mirror and on top of that, the massive TV on the dashoard. I do a lot of night driving and that's a real concern for me. When I buy a new vehicle, one of the very first things I do is turn down all the interior lights as far as they'll go. I miss, "The old days", when you could literally turn OFF the dash and interior lights.

Fhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRVs
At the end of the day, it's not really an issue for me, as I've never had the want, let alone the need for a LC. Overall, I'm really impressed with the redesign, as I think that Toyota kept the basic design of the 4R. Anyone can still look at it and say, "That's a 4Runner". The only two things that really torque me are: 1) I REALLY HATE the modern, "Television on the dashboard", design that is so popular these days. 2) Red turn signals - really Toyota?
Agreed. Iā€™ve always preferred amber rear turn lightsā€¦since to me itā€™s a human factors thing and are a bit safer in my opinion. Fairly certain all of my Hondas (Pilots,CRVs) Toyota (Tundra, RAV4s) vehicles Iā€™ve owned over 30 years have had the rear amber turn signal. Having said this are you sure itā€™s red? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen enough live video yet.

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
Right? I hate the look of the "glued a tablet to the dash" style they rolled out. Really wish it was better integrated, even if that means a little smaller
From a style standpoint I agree but maybe the placement was on purpose. By having it stick up above the dash level, it's more at your eye level and the driver won't have to take their eyes off the road as much compared to if it was lower in the dashboard.

For example I like how integrated the display in the new Ford Ranger, but you have to take your eyes way off the road to see most of that screen.

2025 Toyota 4runner 3rd row + cloth seats photos from 2025 Toyota 4Runner 6th gen (seen in press conference reveal) ford-ranger-lariat-2024-21-interior-center-stack-display-scaled

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I don't understand why 3rd row seating is specifically limited to the SR5 and Limited trims. Why not all non-hybrid vehicles? It is just going where the battery pack would be on the hybrid. I guess Toyota does not want to make all the possible matching seat variants. However, I suspect one would be able to install it themselves as long as they were fine with seats that did not exactly match.

Personally, I think they should have at least made a variant for the TRD Off-Road too.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like that may be an SR5 due to the black plastic fender flares, door handles, and mirrors.
That looks like leather to me. Nightshade package for the limited? We can only hope. I would love it if I didn't have to go Platinum to get a black out package.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just can't figure out where Toyota's head is at right now! WhyTF would they offer a 3rd row in a 4Runner but not the Land Cruiser?! This is just absolutely baffling to me. The LC was made the same size as the 4R to cut costs, but it's supposed to be the larger, family sized people mover in the lineup. The 4R is supposed to be a 5-passenger off-roader / grocery-getter. Now it's essentially the same vehicle, except you get to pick your price.
Well, for a much larger people mover they already have the Sequoia and Grand Highlander now. I agree though they should have made the non-hybrid available in the US and let there be a third row. Specifically I notice that it has overhead A/C. I was really hoping the 4Runner would get that and was sad it didn't. You can get it with the LC, but not with a third row.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I definitely agree with this. That said, I think it look WAY better on the 4Runner/Tacoma than on many of the vehicles that are out there right now. There is much less of a seperation between it and the dash so it is not nearly as obvious. Behind it could be a nice place to stash certain things.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My big issue is the amount of light in the cabin, that's generated by all the digital stuff, nowadays. The instrument cluster, the dials and buttons, the rearview mirror and on top of that, the massive TV on the dashoard. I do a lot of night driving and that's a real concern for me. When I buy a new vehicle, one of the very first things I do is turn down all the interior lights as far as they'll go. I miss, "The old days", when you could literally turn OFF the dash and interior lights.
Fortunately I'm pretty sure toyota has a dark mode.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
That looks like leather to me. Nightshade package for the limited? We can only hope. I would love it if I didn't have to go Platinum to get a black out package.
That is a possibility, but I would think that the fenders would be painted black and not black plastic which is how it looks in that video.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Fortunately I'm pretty sure toyota has a dark mode.
I'm fairly certain it will, but that's still a larger TV on the dash than I had in my room as a kid! Even in "Dark Mode" it will still put out light and possibly be a distraction. I like the way it's integrated into the dashboard on the Land Cruiser. It's much smarter and sleeker.