Silver Spur & F-150
Size wise, it look similar to the Z5.
Sponsored

MACKSTER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beater Honda
They gotta keep those horizontal lights from the concept! Seeing the fake round lights just shows you how much better an angular horizontal tail light looks. And if they can somehow manage to keep the cutouts/vents underneath the lights, that would be a bonus :headbang:

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
As nice as that ass was, it was just way too exotic to make it to production in pretty close form. I do wish that they had pushed out the exhausts to the ends like on the concept rather than the more traditional placement we see on the prototype.
after looking back i think the rear on the concept was a little too wide. as others have said, the rear proportion on the LC is a perfect compromise.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Comparison size wise, if the leaked specs are corrected. Free feel double check my math.

MKV
Wheelbase 2,470 mm (97.2 in)
Length 4380 mm (172.4 in)
Width 1855 mm (73 in)
Height 1,290 mm (50.8 in)

FT-1
Wheelbase 2,740 mm (107.9 in)
Length 4,675 mm (184.1 in)
Width 1,970 mm (77.6 in)
Height 1,225 mm (48.2 in)

Differences
Wheelbase -270 mm (-10.7 in)
Length -295 mm (-11.7 in)
Width -115mm (-4.6 in)
Height +65 mm (+2.6 in)

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm honest, it looks a lot closer to the concept than I thought it would! The hood is still a little strange, but I think once the camo is off we'll get a better idea of how close the front end is. Seems like there are still some plastic cladding on the car though; either that or the panels are just kind of poorly fitting, specifically the rear quarter panel.

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
As a car to look at, the concept is clearly the winner. But as a car to drive, I prefer the smaller dimensions and lower weight of the production model by a wide margin.* No interest here in a Corvette class car.

*Hopefully that 3280 lb weight estimate in Best Car is a few hundred pounds too high.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
As a car to look at, the concept is clearly the winner. But as a car to drive, I prefer the smaller dimensions and lower weight of the production model by a wide margin.* No interest here in a Corvette class car.

*Hopefully that 3280 lb weight estimate in Best Car is a few hundred pounds too high.
Yeah, every time there's a new car like this, people writhe and complain about how different the concept looks from the production car. That's just how it is. Concepts are designed to be caricatures of cars, serving to entice with aesthetic; without the burden of actual constraints like size, weight, and regulation. To think that we would get an FT-1 is asinine, but I'm still surprised by how much of the FT-1 design they actually decided to put into this thing. I was expecting something totally different, to be perfectly frank.

Agree DevonK, lighter the better...wonder if they save weight in areas like the M2/RS3 manual seat etc...
Let's hope they do more than that. Both the M2 and especially RS3 are real porkers for their size...

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Wow.... Forget the production car our mule has had a serious glow up in the last 8 months lol. Seeing all these new renders and the test mules with a lot of design cues that connect directly to the ft1 I am thoroughly impressed. Those guys at Toyota must've been having such a laugh over some of us saying that they ruined the supra when the mundane boring blob that was so heavily padded that was first spotted testing.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
If I'm honest, it looks a lot closer to the concept than I thought it would! The hood is still a little strange, but I think once the camo is off we'll get a better idea of how close the front end is. Seems like there are still some plastic cladding on the car though; either that or the panels are just kind of poorly fitting, specifically the rear quarter panel.
Same here. Particularly surprised to be seeing the front splitter and full rear diffuser.
Sponsored