► APEX | 18” & 19” SM-10 Lightweight Track Wheel Group Buy -Concluded-

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Pledged
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey there - I'd like to get a square 18" setup, however I want to be able to bring 1 spare OEM front wheel to the track (to get home if something happens). After looking at the tire options offered and the fitment guide, I'm not confident what I want can be achieved. Any insight would be helpful to me in making a decision.

Thanks!

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Hey there - I'd like to get a square 18" setup, however I want to be able to bring 1 spare OEM front wheel to the track (to get home if something happens). After looking at the tire options offered and the fitment guide, I'm not confident what I want can be achieved. Any insight would be helpful to me in making a decision.

Thanks!
Just my thought.. you will not be able to do that especially if you are bringing rear (275 35 19) and want to fit it on front. it will severely damage inner wall of the tire as well as will wear out paint on strut. also, having different overall diameter - due to different size tires - may damage differential in long drive.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor

Thanks!
The best way to go about this would be to purchase a 5th wheel as a spare. If you are going with a square fitment with the same wheel and tire specs on all four corners, having a 5th on hand will allow you to plug it anywhere on the car if damage or a flat occurs on track. Many track enthusiasts do this!

- Ryan

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just my thought.. you will not be able to do that especially if you are bringing rear (275 35 19) and want to fit it on front. it will severely damage inner wall of the tire as well as will wear out paint on strut. also, having different overall diameter - due to different size tires - may damage differential in long drive.
Understood and aware. That's why I said I'd bring an OEM Front, but realizing with 18" rims, there are no viable tire size alternatives that are equal to OEM diameter (295/335 being the closest to stock 255 up front).

The best way to go about this would be to purchase a 5th wheel as a spare. If you are going with a square fitment with the same wheel and tire specs on all four corners, having a 5th on hand will allow you to plug it anywhere on the car if damage or a flat occurs on track. Many track enthusiasts do this!

- Ryan
Thanks Ryan - do you guys have any photos of a Supra with a square tire setup? All of the ones on Flickr and the group buy site I have found show something like a 275/40/18 front and 295/35/19 - which looks alright but the front tire diameter is 2.2% larger than the rear (somewhat visually noticeable but unsure if it makes a difference in handling characteristics). https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexraceparts/albums/72157719203061800

Duly noted about a 5th wheel as a spare if going to get 4 of the same size tires.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Thanks Ryan - do you guys have any photos of a Supra with a square tire setup? All of the ones on Flickr and the group buy site I have found show something like a 275/40/18 front and 295/35/19 - which looks alright but the front tire diameter is 2.2% larger than the rear (somewhat visually noticeable but unsure if it makes a difference in handling characteristics). https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexraceparts/albums/72157719203061800

Duly noted about a 5th wheel as a spare if going to get 4 of the same size tires.
We don't have any photos of a square wheel and tire setup with these wheels as we only brought in two sample wheels for each diameter for staggered photography. The 275/40-18s will be slightly taller than the 295/35-18 rear tires, but the 18x11 ET40 wheel face sits in nearly the same place as the 18x10 ET33 on the outer face of the wheel (the 18x11 ET40 is 2.7mm more aggressive on the outside edge) so it should give you a good idea of what the square setup would look like.

-Tom

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
36 Hour Update and New Photography:

Our Group Buy is coming to a close and we are inching ever close to reaching the Max Discount. A big thank you to everyone that has pledged so far. These images have already been shared on our GangUp page and gallery thread, but here are some great shots of our 19" SM-10s on a lowered car:

Wheels:

19x9.5 ET25 Front

19x11 ET40 Rear

Tires: Michelin PS4S

275/30-19 Front

305/30-19 Rear

Suspension: Megan Racing Coilovers

51171173771_fabbf61a0e_h.jpg

51170506117_06a47a689d_h.jpg

51170506042_278f05079c_h.jpg

Please let us know if you have any other questions as the Group Buy winds down. Another reminder for those who have declared interest only: Showing interest alone does not count as a pledge. If you'd like to lock in your order and help us unlock the final discount tier, make sure to get your pledge in during the next 36 hours!

-Tom

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Pre-Sale Now Live

51200397742_7306f51d34_b.jpg

51201112721_fc63e90c0a_b.jpg

Miss your chance to get in on the Group Buy? These wheels are available to pre-order on our website with a 10% discount off their standard MSRP through the month of June. With limited quantities inbound don't miss this last chance to get a discount on your new set of SM-10s!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi Tom, does it still look like a late June ship date for these wheels? Mine are being shipped to my tuner and want to give them a heads up and set up an install appointment if these are on the way. Thanks!

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Hi Tom, does it still look like a late June ship date for these wheels? Mine are being shipped to my tuner and want to give them a heads up and set up an install appointment if these are on the way. Thanks!
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the followup! I actually have an update that I will be sending out to everyone via GangUp update tomorrow with a more in-depth ETA, but I can break the news here first. The wheels are coming in two separate shipments with the 18s on one ship and the 19s on another. Ideally, they would've been on the same container but that's not how it worked out in this case. The 18s will be arriving first and are on track to ship out to customers in late June. Unfortunately, the 19s were delayed slightly and will likely be shipping out in mid-July.

We will collect the remaining portion of the payment right before the wheels ship out, so those of you with 18" wheel orders will receive a GangUp notification before customers with 19"s. Chris, I believe you have the 19s on order. Apologies for the delay! If time is an issue for anyone and you would like to switch diameters, please send in a message via DM or GangUp and I will do my best to accommodate that switch.

Look for a more detailed update with AIS container vessel data tomorrow via GangUp. As always let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks again,

-Tom

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here is the Gangup post Apex is referencing above. This dates back to two weeks ago.

June 16th, 2021
Group Buy Shipping and ETA update.

With the end of June fast approaching, we are as excited as you are to get these wheels into your hands. I wanted to get this update out to inform those of you who are currently planning tire mounting and upcoming events about the current shipping status of these wheels and the expected ETAs as we move further into June.

These wheels are coming in two separate shipments with the 18” wheels on one ship and the 19s on another. Ideally, both wheel sizes would have been included in the same container, but given the constraints in the shipping supply chains that we are currently facing, the most effective way to ship the wheels ended up being split into two different shipments.

The 18” sets will be arriving first and are on track to ship out to customers in late June as expected. Unfortunately, the 19s were delayed slightly and will likely be shipping out in mid-July. We have some excess 18” wheels. If anyone with 19”s would like to switch to the smaller diameter with better shipping ETAs please DM us here on GangUp or email [email protected].
If you are interested in tracking the ships that the wheels are currently on you can use the following AIS links:

18” wheels: YM Mobility: https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9457737
Currently anchored off of Oakland waiting for a slip to unload.

19” wheels: YM Milestone: https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9484998
Currently in Long Beach and will head to Oakland next.

Our wheels are unloaded in Oakland and trucked to our warehouse in Sacramento. You can see the number of yellow container ships in the waters outside of each port waiting for a slip to unload. This buildup is part of the reason behind the shipping delays and has been a continued point of frustration for us and our customers through 2021. We are doing everything in our power to ensure the wheels arrive on time, but some delays have proven to be inevitable this year.
We will collect the remaining portion of the payment a few days before the wheels ship out of our warehouse to you. Consequently, the customers that ordered the 18” wheels will have the payment collected a few weeks before those of you with 19” wheels.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Looks like the 18s are getting close to shipping! The boat is in the port and docked.

Screenshot_20210702-123946_Chrome.jpg
Wonder what the latest is on when the 19s will ship.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Wonder what the latest is on when the 19s will ship.
Going to say at least another week, probably 2. Boat isnt in the harbor yet. Once its in the harbor, it should be 2-3 days before it docks.

Screenshot_20210702-131005_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Looks like the 18s are getting close to shipping! The boat is in the port and docked.
I was actually just working on a GangUp update on this! I'll post it here when finished to spare Chris the re-post but the Mobility pulled into its slip yesterday morning. Hoping to get some of the containers from that ship (we have 3) into the warehouse and turned around next week, but no delivery etas on them yet. YM Milestone may still pull into port in time to get us the mid-July ship date we were shooting for, but the unloading schedules seem to be quite random at the moment. Some boats are anchored for weeks waiting for a slip while others sail straight into port and unload. I would expect a slight delay on the 19s as well just to be safe, but I would be happy to be wrong on that front.

-Tom
Sponsored