heytheresrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Hey All,

I have a stock 2020 Supra Premium and with winter coming soon, I wanted to swap out the stock 19s

I was thinking of an 18" squared setup (Enkei RS05RR) 18x8.5 on 255/40/18s (Michelin PS AS4).

Will I run into any issues with this setup?

Is there any other changes people recommend?

I use the car as a daily driver / grand tourer vehicle and love it.

Thanks for the advice!

- Rich
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
If you have stock wheels with summer tires, instead of all seasons I'd get proper winter tires if you live in an area that sees snow. Or put winter tires on your stock wheels and buy yourself a nice summer set.

OP
OP
heytheresrich

heytheresrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
If you have stock wheels with summer tires, instead of all seasons I'd get proper winter tires if you live in an area that sees snow. Or put winter tires on your stock wheels and buy yourself a nice summer set.
Thanks for the advice. I live in the DC area so our winters tend to be pretty mild, a couple of inches of snow but mainly just cold temperatures that turn the summer tires to more like hockey pucks; hence the all-season route.

I'll definitely also consider a dedicated winter set as well.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I have a set of 18x9 with winter tires waiting till it drops under 40 degrees in the morning ready to go, hoping it stays warm for a while though :thumbsup:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
With square setup, you are changing car characteristic to "Over-Steer". Every road car manufacturer makes their production car either Under-Steer or slightly Under-Steer (which Supra is I believe) because it is generally safer than neutral or over-steer. Especially in rain or snow, over-steering car will spin out. If you are taking this car to track, by all mean, square could be a great setup but for winter, I wouldn't do it.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
With square setup, you are changing car characteristic to "Over-Steer". Every road car manufacturer makes their production car either Under-Steer or slightly Under-Steer (which Supra is I believe) because it is generally safer than neutral or over-steer. Especially in rain or snow, over-steering car will spin out. If you are taking this car to track, by all mean, square could be a great setup but for winter, I wouldn't do it.
Did it with my M2, Mustang GT, 135i all fine.
Sponsored