20" wheels on which 6th gen 4Runner Trims?

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Yea that doesn’t make any sense when comparing the hybrid limited to the platinum. I feel like they should be pretty close in costs.

Aren’t the only differences the tow tech package, rain sensing wiper, rear heated seats, heads up display and blackout trim? Since the hybrid limited would have full time 4wd and center lock as part of the hybrid?
Wish we saw that list. Seems "it depends". I wonder, do we have 20" inch wheels on the limited?
2025 Toyota 4runner 20" wheels on which 6th gen 4Runner Trims? 1713984495848-nl

2025 Toyota 4runner 20" wheels on which 6th gen 4Runner Trims? 1713984470755-7y

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is this for sure? The 4R is closer to the Taco than the Tundra. Taco Limited have 18” wheels.
Yes the Limited has 20 inch wheels. I would prefer 18 inch myself. I would trade them out, my first mod. Plus the extra cost of replacing 20 tires is not for me ,as well I have to purchase dedicated winter tires.

Last edited:

GRAPPLER!

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
Yes the Limited has 20 inch wheels. I would prefer 18 inch myself. I would trade them out, my first mod. Plus the extra cost of replacing 20 tires is not for me ,as well I have to purchase dedicated winter tires.
Agreed. I will be swapping mine out for 18 inch wheels as well. Hopefully, they will go on without the needing the same mods as the Gen 5 does in order to not have any rubbing. I also plan on adding Old Man Emu suspension at some point as well.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Agreed. I will be swapping mine out for 18 inch wheels as well. Hopefully, they will go on without the needing the same mods as the Gen 5 does in order to not have any rubbing. I also plan on adding Old Man Emu suspension at some point as well.
I don't think that would be necessary as other trims have the 18 inch wheel by default.

Last edited:

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I very much hate the trend of larger and larger wheels. I agree with others that I would MUCH rather have 18" wheels. I know I and my wife will inevitably have a curb check here and there and the added protection is very nice. The stupid huge wheels just cause more problems.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have experience with switching out brand new wheels and tires? I wouldn't mind paying a little to do it, but I would hope trading in new premium wheels would make up most of the cost to getting me decent 18" wheels and light AT tires.

Last edited:

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone have experience with switching out brand new wheels and tires? I wouldn't mind paying a little to do it, but I would hope trading in new premium wheels would make up most of the cost to getting me decent 18" wheels and light AT tires.
You mean dealership? I guess that depends on your local one.
I seeing myself having to sell on the open market and purchasing new wheels and tires, 18 inch as well. A nice set of Falken Wildpeak A/T4W

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean dealership? I guess that depends on your local one.
I seeing myself having to sell on the open market and purchasing new wheels and tires, 18 inch as well. A nice set of Falken Wildpeak A/T4W
I actually meant at a tire shop. I know many will pay you for a trade in.

Anyway, regarding the tires, that was kind of where my mind was. The tires on my Forester Wilderness are pretty great and that is what I want to replicate. A light AT with minimal road noise and MPG impact. Still having great winter performance and decent general off-road.

That description might be more a Wildpeak A/T Trail, but I'm not even sure if those come in the size for a Tacoma/4Runner. I do know I really like the Yokohama Geolanders on my Forester Wilderness. So that would be an option too, but most people swear by the Wildpeaks.

Last edited: