2015 Mustang Thread

Tunnel_D

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTO
Posted this up in the throwdown section to see what you guys think of the GT350 and how the Supra will stack up. But without comparing even what do you guys think of the new hi po Mustang??

I personally love it and it's shot up to the top of my potential list. Have never really been a Mustang fan until now to be honest always thought it was a musclehead type of car. But having that flat plane crank engine that revs past 8000 rpm makes it somehow exotic to me. And the styling is sex!
Sponsored

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Ford got people's attention yesterday for sure. As a rule I hate domestics but Ford and Chevy have been impressin lately with their Corvette, Camaro and Mustang offerings -- C7, Z/28 and GT350. And the one achiles heel of these cars - their quality - is so much better than before and not something that every mag can just poke fun at automatically.

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
I'm not a fan of the whiskers look of its front end it looks like a catfish. Hella fast catfish tho :)
So this flat plain crank engine that it has - is the only other car with it are Ferraris? And if its such a big deal that everyone is raving about it why don't more companies do it?

JJR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CT200
On paper this car is just plain sick. I just don't think I could ever be a Mustang owner. The car and its image is tough for me to overcome [yea call me vain].

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Saw reports that claim starting price will be about $53000. That'd be a bargain price for all that HP/TQ. Anyone test driven one yet? Curious to see if they're much improved quality and driving experiene.

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
I really want to like it; the GT350 has the best looking treatment of the front grille on these new 6th gen mustangs.... but it's still way too heavy for me.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
On paper this car is just plain sick. I just don't think I could ever be a Mustang owner. The car and its image is tough for me to overcome [yea call me vain].
You and me both.

If I was still in high school, maybe... but then I wouldn't have the money. I'm not even 30 but I already feel like it would not be fitting.

I admire the cars for what they are, but there are just too many mustangs driving around, half of them beat to hell pieces of shit.

Fact remains anybody can walk onto a Ford lot, and for under $20k can drive off in a new mustang. And for $50k or $60k you are buying the same car.

Sabreson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima/Future Supra
I hate to say it but I agree it's also the stereotype image of the mullet wearing lawnchair 'Murica guys that would make me not to owning one.

I think Ford is really trying to change that though. A flat plane crank, some european infused design, a turbo 4, selling globally...all a good place to start. I've heard a lot of BMW guys are taking interest now too.

OP
OP

Tunnel_D

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTO
Saw reports that claim starting price will be about $53000. That'd be a bargain price for all that HP/TQ. Anyone test driven one yet? Curious to see if they're much improved quality and driving experiene.
It's not even close to production. Not even pricing announced which is what I'm waiting on mostly.. I'm in no rush tho, going to wait to see how the MKV supra pans out before plopping down any money.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Last edited:

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
A 100,000$ mustang? Wow. Seriously what nutjob would buy that over a comparable priced car... like the GT-R? :doh:

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
A 100,000$ mustang? Wow. Seriously what nutjob would buy that over a comparable priced car... like the GT-R? :doh:
I wouldn't but probably someone that wants a super exclusive coach built collectors car. It's not my cup of tea but you know some huge muscle car fan with money to burn will pick this up and never drive it again.

pbj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kia
They butchered the front. Standard one is already great looking so why mess with it.

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
Quarter mile or track times revealed yet?
Sponsored