3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
doesn't surprise me, but I'm not all that well versed in BMW stuff.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Btw Sutcliffe said "just under 40 grand", so lets assume that means 39,995 GBP. The Boxster in the UK stars at 44700 GBP, so let's call that a 10% difference. The US Boxster starts at $59k, so 10% off of that is roughly $53k.

So, maybe we'll see a 50k Supra and a 55k Z4? That's just a guess though.
Not to mention, Car and Driver said the Bimmer would be the pricier of the two. (Sep 2017 issue)

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
So, a completely different design from Toyota?...or a BMW engine, with Toyota "essentials" (i.e., Denso water pump, Denso starter, etc...)? I hope it’s a Toyota design, handed over to BMW for production due to tooling utilization.
It seems more likely to be the other way around. Notice that these people said that everything feels right, in its place, like a true Euro sports GT. And with that, the Supra has the iDrive screen, and a ZF transmission stick, stuff borrowed from the BMW parts bin.
It could still be a Toyota original design, thinking back to the FT-1, and it could include quite a few "Toyota" features.
Look what happened to the Toyobaru Three. The BRZ and the FR-S were almost the exact same, apart from a few UI changes in the touchscreen interface and different badging. Then Toyota took the idea their own way, making an in-house inline-4 for it and all, while Subaru stuck with the original idea (apparently they had done most of the design work) and changed up their taillights and other minor changes.
That's just me, though, and I could be wrong with my facts.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We have BMW working to be forward on what will be expected but nothing from Toyota.

Speaking of bmw, the engine pushing 360 to 380? For relatively 50-60k?

If Toyota gets a version with less power, I am calling foul play

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
It looks rather bland. Hopefully the Z4 M40i will have a little more of a punch.