Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
If this is true than I don't even know what to say... The Z4 is suppose to be unveiled this summer. To Toyota, if you make people wait too long they will start to lose interest and buy something else, just saying.

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Tada in the latest interviews been saying that its NOT another BRZ/GT86.
the idea that the "platform sharing" here is more akin to Camaro - Cadillac ATS is growing on me...

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
No doubt as the major player in the joint venture, BMW made it part of the contract that the Z4 would be released first, Toyota likely had little flexibility on release timing.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
Well, maybe Toyota needs some time to change a few major things, head of the engine? Suspension? Chassis?

I think the car will benefit from the extra months of work.

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
I find it interesting that half of the people on here are saying that they better develop a manual version but also we want it now. so which is it? we could all benefit by saving up for 7 months longer than we intended...

dc2r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M3
It was always my assumption that BMW would be building theirs first since it's being produced at Magna Steyr in Austria? This location is already building the BMW 5-series and Jaguar E-Pace so capacity might be limited to take on another shared platform so quickly...

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I find it interesting that half of the people on here are saying that they better develop a manual version but also we want it now. so which is it? we could all benefit by saving up for 7 months longer than we intended...
Our forum's insider has said the Toyota has been testing with a manual for sometime now. I suspect the time gap has more ti do with an agreement made between Toyota and BMW.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Based on everything recently released, and we dont know for sure, but I have changed my opinion (also my vote on this poll) that we as wont see the production car until fall and probably launch Detroit 2019. It is very disappointing for sure but I think this is the new reality..

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Based on everything recently released, and we dont know for sure, but I have changed my opinion that we as wont see the production car until fall and probably launch Detroit 2019. It is very disappointing for sure but I think this is the new reality..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.