2020 Toyota Supra production to begin 2018, by Magna Steyr, Austrian manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Well if Automotive News is accurate and Toyota truly intends to aim the Supra at the Cayman/Alpine A110 market it's going to start in the high 50s USD and go up from there.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
The official target has been $55k USD since I first came to this board... that really seems to bother some folks, and there was a wrench thrown into the works in regards to lower trim levels, but those apparently did not come to fruition. so...

It's the GR Supra and a few trims above that that I cannot comment on.

The car essentially had one mission, be a Cayman S for less, and it does that well for the regular car. The upper levels are sure to impress as well, but the details are not something I can afford to divulge at this point.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
The official target has been $55k USD since I first came to this board... that really seems to bother some folks, and there was a wrench thrown into the works in regards to lower trim levels, but those apparently did not come to fruition. so...

The car essentially had one mission, be a Cayman S for less, and it does that well for the regular car. The upper levels are sure to impress as well, but the details are not something I can afford to divulge at this point.
Since the base MKV's target was the Cayman S, would it be safe to assume that the remaining trim levels are targeting the GTS and GT4 trim levels of the Cayman? Or is it too soon to discuss this?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

So it can be assumed that
Base Supra/Cayman S
Supra GR/Cayman GT4
Supra GR-Sport/Cayman GTS
Supra GRMN/911 GT3 RS

That is SOME competition
P.s. i left out the NC1 and the R35 because i am not sure how they would fare

soundman414

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Base Supra/Cayman S
Supra GR/Cayman GT4
Supra GRMN/911 GT3 RS

That is SOME competition
The GT4 is above the GTS. The GTS is really just a model which has the most popular options, and a very slight boost in power.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
The GT4 is above the GTS. The GTS is really just a model which has the most popular options, and a very slight boost in power.
The GR-Sport would be more in line with the GT4...or would it go straight from GR (GTS competition) to GRMN (GT4 competition)?...was the GT3 ever looked at as a possible rival for the MKV?! Never thought it was

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I wonder if this is creditable or fake news? How did we go from 60k (30k assuming half are Z4s) a year to less than 10k? :what:

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Base Supra/Cayman S
Supra GR/Cayman GT4
Supra GRMN/911 GT3 RS

That is SOME competition
Where are you getting 4 trim levels from, that seems unlikely, I can see one or two additional trims max, but 3? Don't see that happening, nor do I see those being the accurate names for them.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Toyota is going to sell as many of these as they possibly can. If they don't turn a decent profit on this then we're in deep doodoo lol.
this

for a company who's bread and butter is whitegoods-on-wheels, producing a hero sports car is of significant business risk - especially in this economic/political climate. it's not like porsche or ferrari who can make a business case based on exclusivity.

if it doesn't sell well and achieve all the targets required, i doubt we'll see another toyota sports car.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
As we have members from different countries, it might be helpful to quantify what markets one is referring to when commenting...:)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.