2020 Supra BIG Turbo

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 1998 E36 M3 LS3 Twin Turbo
Well with much effort and lots of phone calls/planning and I have my big turbo setup. This manifold from Full Race is perfect. Fitment was spot on, quality is 10 out of 10, and all the transitions were smooth with no interruptions.

Everything is bolted on so I can make custom lines/fittings and once that is done I will weld up my downpipe and wastegate re-circs. I still have a lot of work to do but it is coming together nicely!

I will be machining some custom pieces to convert the OEM Oil/Water fittings to AN. I will end up doing some production runs on these parts if anyone is interested.

Enjoy the pics!

Borg Warner EFR 9280 Twin Scroll
Twin 44mm Wastegates

Supra Turbo1.jpg

Supra Turbo2.JPEG

Supra Turbo3.JPEG

Supra Turbo4.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
very nice i'll be going this route after the winter
So the first hurdle was converting the Supra block fittings over to AN lines.

The adapter fittings will be:

Oil Supply: -4AN Male to OEM block adapter fitting
Oil Return: -10AN Male to OEM block adapter fitting
Water Supply: (Will need to make a BMW style quick disconnect female fitting to AN adapter) Not finished
Water Return: -6AN Male to OEM block adapter fitting

I will be using part of the water supply hardline to convert to AN.

I had custom hoses using all black hardware and PTFE high pressure hosing made and they really look great. This hosing will be available as a kit for future purchase.

Stay tuned for more later tonight. I should be cranking it up before the end of the weekend and will post a video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lots of updates.......

Big turbo on the 2020 Supra fully installed and running with no leaks. She is currently on the dyno and they are working through some torque limiter issues at 4k rpm. I can tell you that she already made 470 ft/lbs at 3700rpm on the EFR9280 without aggressive timing. I am super impressed with the spool on this big turbo. I welded and worked from Thursday to Saturday non-stop (went to bed around 3am each night) to get her finished and drove it to the dyno 45 minutes away.

I did all of the welding myself on a Dynasty 280

2020 Supra CNC Fittings to adapt to AN lines
www.Litheus.com

Custom Water and Oil PTFE Lines
www.bmrs.net

FLUIDYNE Upgraded Heat Exchanger
www.fluidyne.com

Tubing to build wastegate dumps
www.aceraceparts.com

Supra Big Turbo1.JPG

Supra Big Turbo2.JPG

Supra Big Turbo3.jpg

Supra Big Turbo4.jpg

Supra Big Turbo5.jpg

Supra Big Turbo6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sound Up! A quick little dyno pull to 4k rpm sound clip so you can hear the big turbo. More coming soon!

No I don't have numbers yet but will post them as soon as I have them. The DME is trying to prevent the boost at 4k and they are working through it.

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Lots of updates.......

Big turbo on the 2020 Supra fully installed and running with no leaks. She is currently on the dyno and they are working through some torque limiter issues at 4k rpm.
The DME is trying to prevent the boost at 4k and they are working through it.
Just spoke to your tuner a little earlier. gave him some insight on what the issue could be. he should get back with you with some stuff.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
that sounds phenomenal. How do you control the external gates with the factory ECU?

OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just spoke to your tuner a little earlier. gave him some insight on what the issue could be. he should get back with you with some stuff.
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I'm really impressed so far with how many companies are working together on my build. It's pretty cool that this new chassis is bringing people together.

Anyway, thanks for doing that and we should hopefully have some progress today. We had another company reach out too with some info. We just got a new revision like 15 minutes ago and should get a pull on the dyno shortly.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress:thumbsup:

OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that sounds phenomenal. How do you control the external gates with the factory ECU?
They have tuned out the internal gate code so I can run my twin 44 externals. The are currently controlled with spring pressure and boost controller but we will move to a better solution in the near future. Working on the best solution that works with the DME to control the externals for a permanent fix.

OP
OP
LS3Twins

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We got past 4k but still getting closures. Getting closer but still not quite there. I hope by end of day I can provide some good results.

Update: It's 6pm in Germany for MHD so I think we are out of luck until tomorrow morning for another revision unfortunately.
Sponsored

Last edited: