svtraid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 M5, A90
Hey all,

Any of the insiders here have any info on the new recall? see image...

FD8939B7-B487-47A2-A932-F8FB60901CD6.png
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
only 7 of them? is that NHSTA? I cannot find that.
Toyota Owners website says to recalls for my vin...

OP
OP
svtraid

svtraid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 M5, A90
only 7 of them? is that NHSTA? I cannot find that.
Toyota Owners website says to recalls for my vin...
i was called by Toyota today... only 7! the pic is from the Toyota Recall page after they called me, NHSTA is still pending.

I was one of the lucky winners!!!

I’ll keep the forum updated on what happens

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Entire vehicle replacement doesn’t sound bad...

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
You know more than anyone else likely, being 1 of 7. But what I heard is that they can't legally repair something like this on a painted body, so the car will be replaced. I bet a kludged fix would be doable and would let someone salvage the car, but that's not kosher. For all we know, the cars might end up getting parted out and crushed, which is a shame.

OP
OP
svtraid

svtraid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 M5, A90
You know more than anyone else likely, being 1 of 7. But what I heard is that they can't legally repair something like this on a painted body, so the car will be replaced. I bet a kludged fix would be doable and would let someone salvage the car, but that's not kosher. For all we know, the cars might end up getting parted out and crushed, which is a shame.
I got to speak to a Toyota rep today and the process so far is that they’ll flatbed the car to the local dealer, inspect it, and if the weld is not within spec, they’ll replace the car. The car will be “destroyed”. As for aftermarket modifications, ie paint protection, wheels, etc... he had no information regarding that yet, but said he would get back to me by Thursday.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I got to speak to a Toyota rep today and the process so far is that they’ll flatbed the car to the local dealer, inspect it, and if the weld is not within spec, they’ll replace the car. The car will be “destroyed”. As for aftermarket modifications, ie paint protection, wheels, etc... he had no information regarding that yet, but said he would get back to me by Thursday.
I'm curious then if it's a launch edition. Will they just pull off the plaque and put it on the new car?

OP
OP
svtraid

svtraid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 M5, A90
I'm curious then if it's a launch edition. Will they just pull off the plaque and put it on the new car?
that would be interesting... from what i know, 4 never made it to the dealerships, and they have reached out to the 3 remaining owners, including myself.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
now that is a good question... but yes, generally something of this nature will be destroyed after being stripped down and inspected.