2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Great race. Lando definitely deserved driver of the day and it's remarkable how much more comfortable and aggressive he is compared to Ricciardo. Maybe Ricciardo needs more seat time, I dunno. I know he won't continue to finish 20-30 seconds behind his teammate, but still...

Great drives by both Max and Lewis. Definitely game on the championship.

Not sure what was most disappointing: AlphaTauri ruining Gasly's race by leaving him on full wets for like 2 years, Checo's multiple mistakes, or Vallteri's mediocrity...
Sponsored

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Great Race once again!

Disappointed on many aspect as well as pleasant surprises almost every lap. Outcome was very hard to predict except max is going to win. Here's latest standing. we have 4 tied in the front but still early in the season.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.54.04 PM.png

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
It was such a great race. Very happy to see McLaren at the sharp end again, even if they are lacking a bit of race pace. I was sad to see Checo struggling so much. That second Red Bull seat seems to be a difficult proposition...

I know we discussed prizes provided by APEX in the past for potential podium finishers. I'd be happy to get some APEX shirts sent out to P2 and P3 and perhaps a discount code on APEX products for P1 when the season wraps up? Let me know if you have any other prizes in mind, but those are the easiest to implement on my end. Also while I want to achieve early turbo-hybrid Mercedes level domination in terms of the predictions, I won't be counting the APEX entry for the competition.

@nibble Let me know if this works!

-Tom

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
It was such a great race. Very happy to see McLaren at the sharp end again, even if they are lacking a bit of race pace. I was sad to see Checo struggling so much. That second Red Bull seat seems to be a difficult proposition...

I know we discussed prizes provided by APEX in the past for potential podium finishers. I'd be happy to get some APEX shirts sent out to P2 and P3 and perhaps a discount code on APEX products for P1 when the season wraps up? Let me know if you have any other prizes in mind, but those are the easiest to implement on my end. Also while I want to achieve early turbo-hybrid Mercedes level domination in terms of the predictions, I won't be counting the APEX entry for the competition.

@nibble Let me know if this works!

-Tom
That is just awesome! :bow::bow: Thank you very much!! Now I need to win! :D

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
That's a great offer! Thank you!

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Are you ready for a new round of F1? we have 4 tied at front but who knows what may happen.

Bring your crystal ball or Schweddy Balls from Ben & Jerry. Weather is getting hot.

Also, now that we have prizes, let me know how you want to break tie if there's tie in 1st place.. I'm thinking one who entered earlier would be the winner except me.. I still will have bragging right though.. ;)

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I feel sorry for Max. Great effort, but you can see the disappointment on his face.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Yes especially Ocon, great effort in qualifying

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Yes especially Ocon, great effort in qualifying
Ocon did great but even Alonso, if his time wasn't removed he would've been 3 during Q2.. So my guess is Alpine does have pace. they just get this right. :hmm: perhaps I should move Alpine ahead of Alpha Tauri... :D

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Interesting race in the beginning, kind of boring towards the end.
A shame that Max's fastest lap award got deleted.
Alonso came out of nowhere toward the end, so that was nice.
Mick completely dominated MazeSPIN, no surprise there.
Sergio got dealt a bad hand, he was kept out on those medium tires for forever.
Lando had a great race, as did Daniel. Great work from both drivers.
I'm not sure what happened with Carlos, seemed off towards the middle of the race.
Charles had a good race, as per normal.

IDK, kind of a meh race overall. Hopefully next race is better.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 12.39.00 PM.png

I agree that it wasn't as exciting as expected to be but still was good. fight between bottas, hamilton, & max was good. Danny Ric did pretty good job but as expected, Alpine drivers, ocon & alanso did very well. they actually moved their standing up. giving Apex race parts 8 correct of 10! if he had swapped Alpha Romeo & Williams, he would've had 10 out 10! o_O talk about crystal ball!

I also think maspin should've been given the super license point rather than time penalty. what's the point of giving 5 second penalty on last guy that's a minute lagging? not making sense...

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Let's hope my luck holds.... But I expect this season to change things up soon enough haha. Not an epic race this weekend, but still good to see actual competition at the front with Perez holding his own... ish. I can't believe we have another race next weekend already as well. Good time to be an F1 fan I guess.

-Tom

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Let's hope my luck holds.... But I expect this season to change things up soon enough haha. Not an epic race this weekend, but still good to see actual competition at the front with Perez holding his own... ish. I can't believe we have another race next weekend already as well. Good time to be an F1 fan I guess.

-Tom
Yeah Mercedes showing they're still the car to beat this year. Red Bull is close though. Hopefully the development can tighten it up even more.

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Yeah Mercedes showing they're still the car to beat this year. Red Bull is close though. Hopefully the development can tighten it up even more.
Yeah, the car is looking more and more like a Mercedes F1 car on track now. Red bull tends to get significantly faster as the season progresses though so I'm hoping for tighter and tighter racing as the season goes on.

-Tom
Sponsored