2021 GR Supra 3.0 tuning question

Three.O

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
i am sorry if this has been answered before. Also sorry for my lack of knowledge. I am new to the import game. I just bought this car yesterday. I have always owned mustangs and GT500s.

I am looking into getting the BM3. i have been told I will not be able to flash any tunes due to my DME not able to be unlocked.

My question is, Can I atleast disable the O2 CEL after I install my catless downpipe?????

Or can I not even do that because of my DME not able to be unlocked.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If it's certain that you have one of those ECU's with build date after 06/2020, then, NO you cannot permanently disable the CEL (as of this writing)

Your options are
1) to delete the error message every once a while, but won't permanently delete it with something like BimmerLink..
2) get o2 "simulator". I'm not sure of the success rate.. search the forum...

As it's been told by sponsor tuners, having the CEL light, doesn't seem to have any downside to the vehicle, as in it won't trigger limp mode or something (except of course the more performance you could have gotten with a tune)

vrwm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MKV
You wonā€™t be able to disable the CEL without the DME unlock. There are a few early 2021 Supraā€™s that are able to be flashed. Iā€™m not sure if you checked your ecu date yet. I believe the cut off for the ecu date would be 20-06-01 (year-month-day) Your build date on the door jamb would have to be 06/20 or prior.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
The Function Werk catless downpipe has an integral "defouler" welded into the pipe. This particular DP (while expensive) does not trip the CEL. I have one installed on the 2.0 with approximately 2K miles driven and still no CEL.

OP
OP
Three.O

Three.O

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Just to be very clear. I can live with the CEL until BM3 figures a way to unlock my DME.

But My main question is, with my catless down pipe, will I mess up the engine in any way at all?

I just dont want to damage my engine of course.

Thanks in advance.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
i am sorry if this has been answered before. Also sorry for my lack of knowledge. I am new to the import game. I just bought this car yesterday. I have always owned mustangs and GT500s.

I am looking into getting the BM3. i have been told I will not be able to flash any tunes due to my DME not able to be unlocked.

My question is, Can I atleast disable the O2 CEL after I install my catless downpipe?????

Or can I not even do that because of my DME not able to be unlocked.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Congrats and welcome to the MKV family. Several members are running downpipes without tunes and havenā€™t reported engine problems.

Please be sure to read up on potential problems with excessive oil consumption. I wouldnā€™t modify the car until after 1500 miles to make sure itā€™s OK. If you get a low oil message before 1500 miles take it straight to the dealership so itā€™s documented.

-RJM

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just to be very clear. I can live with the CEL until BM3 figures a way to unlock my DME.
But My main question is, with my catless down pipe, will I mess up the engine in any way at all?
I just dont want to damage my engine of course.
2021 owner here!
Trust me, you won't like to live with the CEL, it will lock your boost and turn your Supra to an 86.

There are some products on the market e.g. Rush Plux can handle the sensor with the stock DME so you don't get any CEL.

OP
OP
Three.O

Three.O

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
If it's certain that you have one of those ECU's with build date after 06/2020, then, NO you cannot permanently disable the CEL (as of this writing)

Your options are
1) to delete the error message every once a while, but won't permanently delete it with something like BimmerLink..
2) get o2 "simulator". I'm not sure of the success rate.. search the forum...

As it's been told by sponsor tuners, having the CEL light, doesn't seem to have any downside to the vehicle, as in it won't trigger limp mode or something (except of course the more performance you could have gotten with a tune)
I just downloaded BimmerLink on the android playstore. I have the OBD adapter on order from amazon.

My question is, should I pay for the BimmerLink Full Version or can I clear codes with the free version?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Three.O

Three.O

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
2021 owner here!
Trust me, you won't like to live with the CEL, it will lock your boost and turn your Supra to an 86.

There are some products on the market e.g. Rush Plux can handle the sensor with the stock DME so you don't get any CEL.
I already ordered the Kooks catless downpipe :( Man, I have done so much research and I can't find anyone who has found an o2 defouler and had success with the CEL.....
I'm doomed......
Because I know already, I'm not just going to let my kooks exhaust just sit there in the box until someone figures out this damn CEL thing.

I know I'm going to put that shit in as soon as it comes in. lol .

:banghead::banghead::banghead::doh::doh::doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
2021 owner here!
That contradicts with what other people with 2021 with DP said. Are you certain of boost lock? (Maybe I misread others...now I'm in doubt)

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Youā€™re gonna want bimmerlink anyways for the coding. Pony up the $32 itā€™s a $50000 car lol.

Definitely do not put the pipe in until at least the 1200 miles. Oil consumption issues are going on in the ā€˜21 and if they see you were fucking with the downpipe they may deny you warranty claims.

OP
OP
Three.O

Three.O

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
That contradicts with what other people with 2021 with DP said. Are you certain of boost lock? (Maybe I misread others...now I'm in doubt)
Please, someone clarify this.. Does the O2 CEL create boost lock?

Thanks.