2021 Toyota Supra CERAMIC COATING - Best Product Out There?

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
Not even close to a professionally installed coating. Look into Modesta. I’ve seen everything out there and Modesta leads the pack, by far. You’ll pay for it though.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
The Youtube channel Project Farm did some pretty good testing on the DIY coatings, and he found that the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating was surprisingly effective for the cost. I used it on my car within the first two weeks of ownership in September. It worked well enough that when I took the car in for a gloss black vinyl roof wrap this past Monday the installer called me and asked if it was coated, cause they couldn't get the vinyl to stick properly. They had to buff it off to get the adhesive to work.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I have personal experience with both CarPro and Gtechniq. In comparison, I would say both coatings are great, but I would have to favor Gtechniq over CarPro. My favorability has nothing to do with the performance of the coatings itself. Gtechniq has more of a freshly waxed feel after application.

I have done CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 topped with CarPro Gliss. And for Gtechniq; Crystal Serum Light topped with EXO V4.

Prior to any true ceramic coating application, prep is key. Through wash followed by decontamination, and correction. I coated my car over a weekend.

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
If you want your money's worth invest in Professional ceramic coating. I had Gyeon Duraflex applied and comes with 5+ year warranty if maintenance regimen is followed.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I just applied AMMONYC Reflex Pro Enamel on my Supra today. Its not a ceramic coat, but it contains the same hydrophobic properties and creates a hard shell around the car. it does require it to be "refreshed" at least twice a year with AMMO Reboot and a full re-apply every 2ish years in order for it to maintain its properties (at least thats my plan) but for a total cost of about 200$ every 2 years i'd say its pretty good for a DIY apply it yourself coat. It does require a minimum 6 hours of curing time after application before any water or moisture gets on it so not recommended for people who have access to a garage for the curing time.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
The Youtube channel Project Farm did some pretty good testing on the DIY coatings, and he found that the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating was surprisingly effective for the cost. I used it on my car within the first two weeks of ownership in September. It worked well enough that when I took the car in for a gloss black vinyl roof wrap this past Monday the installer called me and asked if it was coated, cause they couldn't get the vinyl to stick properly. They had to buff it off to get the adhesive to work.
I also used the Hybrid Ceramic and used the Chemical Guys Hydro Slick before with great results. I had a track day a bit after and none of the tape would stick to the side of my car. And for weeks afterward it held up. Pretty decent for a DYI.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
The replies so far are kinda what one would expect; all different based upon personal experience. The comment by @Dooo said it best, prep is the key. Agree 100% with that assessment. I'd like to add that the person doing the application is another key. Sure, I can build a cabinet but will it be as good as one built by a cabinet maker?

I had my Supra done by Simple Details VA. They used Gyeon products for prep and Kamikaze Ceramic products for the finish. I'm extremely pleased with the results. If you're not planning to DIY, I'd recommend visiting a few local shops to see their work and what products they use.

Good luck!

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Gyeon Synchro here. Very easy to apply, looks great. Doing a maintenance layer after each wash. I think any brand will do, so long as you thoroughly prep; just comes down to budget and personal preference.

Drifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had my Phantom Grey done professionally by Ceramic Pro. The coating makes the matte finish easier to maintain. I love the results. The car is not glossy but has a nice deep sheen. A little pricey but includes a lifetime warranty.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Same here with the ceramic pro , great product very impressed by its performance on all surfaces of the car. It’s been on mine from day one in July of 2019.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
ceramic is ceramic is ceramic. if its a real proper product then its all the same thing. Just like sio2 ( silicon dioxide ) is sio2 is sio2. it can all be only made one way or its no longer those compounds. everything else in the bottle is just carrier agents. there is zero difference in the protective qualities of a 20 dollar ceramic vs a 200 ceramic. shops charge all over the place and you are not paying for the coating your paying for the warranty which is basically just them saying yeah we know we are gonna have to reapply it and we are just getting our money for the labor upfront by calling it a warranty. I have used coatings now for many many years and I have doe them all. basically they are all the same and left alone your gonna need to reapply them twice a year. Its basically all BS they really don't do much more then a good paint sealant wax. and sio2 and ceramic 100 percent will absolutely not stop a rock chip thats a bunch of BS garbage. Not even PPF will stop a rock hurling at you at 100 miles an hour. I had xpel 10 year film put on mine and on way home it got punctured. would have been 1000 times worse with out it but it still punctured it. if you want real protection get ppf. ceramic is mostly a gimmick to drain your wallets.

Its like HDMI cables. HDMI runs off a standard. If made properly. There is zero difference in a included HDMI cable or a mid grade or a expensive one or even some that cost 400 dollars. they all do the exact same thing and carry the exact same signal. its all snake oil to separate you from your money. you are paying for nothing. A 2 dollar cable does the exact same thing as a 400 cable. same with ceramic and sio2

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
The most beneficial aspect of getting ceramic done professionally is the professional paint correction that needs to be done prior to the application. Every single micro scratch and swirl mark needs to be gone before application.

For example, CeramicPro gold package is a paint thickness test first, then full cut and buff, (4) applications of 9H (1) top gloss application, (1) 9H application to wheels calipers and exterior plastic areas (1) rain application to windows (1) lifetime warranty (1) ceramic wash and inspection a few weeks after application.

I have no affiliation with CeramicPro but I have had seven cars receive PPf and ceramic... IMHO it’s worth it if done while the car is new.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I just dropped mine off to get IGL Kenzo ceramic tomorrow. I've never had a car coated before. Will post pics when it's back.

They are doing the wheels and calipers too. Total out the the door is $1,250. Not sure if that's good or not. Sounds reasonable though.
Sponsored