Not open for further replies.

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
I’ve been checking everyday for the last month waiting to here about an actual hands on first drive but there’s nothing. When will Toyota let the media actually get their hands on the car? Really curious to see what others say of the RE-tune.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I’ve been checking everyday for the last month waiting to here about an actual hands on first drive but there’s nothing. When will Toyota let the media actually get their hands on the car? Really curious to see what others say of the RE-tune.
AFAIK the production line is still making the 2020. So until the 2021 are being made, I doubt you'll see many hands on drives. The few that are made, are probably all test mules to test the new engine and suspension. My guess is the A91 that was shown is just a 2020 painted Refraction Blue.

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
There are no events scheduled because it’s no longer the hype car. You will need to go to the C8 for that.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
AFAIK the production line is still making the 2020. So until the 2021 are being made, I doubt you'll see many hands on drives. The few that are made, are probably all test mules to test the new engine and suspension. My guess is the A91 that was shown is just a 2020 painted Refraction Blue.
MY21 starts production this month iirc

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
There are no events scheduled because it’s no longer the hype car. You will need to go to the C8 for that.
Lol, no, there is a full event schedule, just like there is for any new car release.

Media Drives are in Summer, expect reviews and impressions to be out before July.

Reactions: CJ-

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure if this is legit, but supposedly a 2021 Supra being reviewed here:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota is giving '21 Supra loaners to press on an individual basis right now. There is no large event due to lockdown.

I will be getting mine Monday. 2.0 will come next Friday. Still embargoed right now but I'll do some walk-arounds and answer questions sometime next week

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Toyota is giving '21 Supra loaners to press on an individual basis right now. There is no large event due to lockdown.

I will be getting mine Monday. 2.0 will come next Friday. Still embargoed right now but I'll do some walk-arounds and answer questions sometime next week
Since pricing is under embargo till June, could you find out how long, if any, arrivals are delayed? The A91 was supposed to hit dealers in June, but I'm sure that'll be delayed. Question is, how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.