2022 Easy Power Path?

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Been sifting through the threads on the forum and am a bit stuck. Curious to what the "easy" power path is on the 2022. By "easy", I mean 0 down time, 0 stress on the rest of the drive train, don't need more air, throttle bodies etc.. In my previous car it was a header and tune (and simply tune could do e85). Combine those 3 and you got a nice noticeable boost for a couple of grand without worry about clutches, trans, etc...

What's the path with the 2022? Untunable (without shipping to Russia/Finland) but JB4 allows me to circumvent this?

I understand the JB4 somehow compensates by spoofing the airflow inputs. Can this alone allow for e85? Wouldn't e85 also have to adjust the fueling? I presume the fuel rail can allow enough corn juice in to run e85 (not always the case on all cars at peak load). I aslo see there's flex fuel kits -- one that measure the e% and another that can dyanmcially adjust based on the e%. Can that be done without a tune on the 2022? Can the JB4 take that in as well -- or is it like I fill up, look at my phone for the effective e%, and choose an appropriate tune from what I have on the JB4. If i'm picking a tune at the pump, how long does it take to load up the right tune? My last car, changing tunes could take like 5 minutes to update the ECU. I presume the JB4 is faster than this.

I understand there's one catted downpipe on the market that guarantees no cels. Is this achieved by a real cat doing real work.. or is the o2 sensor being spoofed? While I don't hug trees, I don't want to burn it all down either.

So there's the JB4 for about 600, a catted downpipe for abut 1000, and then some sort of flex fuel kit. Combined for a couple of grand and I'll have a "tuned" e85 with a free breathing exhaust. All this possible on a 2022 without having the car down for more than an afternoon and not so much that it will destroy the power train.

BTW -- any of you know if any tuners are working on cracking the current ECU? Is it "uncrackable" or we just need to sit for a couple of years before someone figures it out?
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Hey how is it going! so you pretty much have the general idea. Jb4, Catted dp, flex kit. Ticks all your box's. I'll send you a PM regarding some of these parts and we'll get you hooked up!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yea I would just get a JB4, catted downpipe, have Jesse Dabears make a custom JB4 map for you to run an ethanol blend, and leave it there. You will have a very fast, drivable, near 500 whp car that isn’t breaking things or running you out of money.

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Been sifting through the threads on the forum and am a bit stuck. Curious to what the "easy" power path is on the 2022. By "easy", I mean 0 down time, 0 stress on the rest of the drive train, don't need more air, throttle bodies etc.. In my previous car it was a header and tune (and simply tune could do e85). Combine those 3 and you got a nice noticeable boost for a couple of grand without worry about clutches, trans, etc...

What's the path with the 2022? Untunable (without shipping to Russia/Finland) but JB4 allows me to circumvent this?

I understand the JB4 somehow compensates by spoofing the airflow inputs. Can this alone allow for e85? Wouldn't e85 also have to adjust the fueling? I presume the fuel rail can allow enough corn juice in to run e85 (not always the case on all cars at peak load). I aslo see there's flex fuel kits -- one that measure the e% and another that can dyanmcially adjust based on the e%. Can that be done without a tune on the 2022? Can the JB4 take that in as well -- or is it like I fill up, look at my phone for the effective e%, and choose an appropriate tune from what I have on the JB4. If i'm picking a tune at the pump, how long does it take to load up the right tune? My last car, changing tunes could take like 5 minutes to update the ECU. I presume the JB4 is faster than this.

I understand there's one catted downpipe on the market that guarantees no cels. Is this achieved by a real cat doing real work.. or is the o2 sensor being spoofed? While I don't hug trees, I don't want to burn it all down either.

So there's the JB4 for about 600, a catted downpipe for abut 1000, and then some sort of flex fuel kit. Combined for a couple of grand and I'll have a "tuned" e85 with a free breathing exhaust. All this possible on a 2022 without having the car down for more than an afternoon and not so much that it will destroy the power train.

BTW -- any of you know if any tuners are working on cracking the current ECU? Is it "uncrackable" or we just need to sit for a couple of years before someone figures it out?
Regarding your last point, an interesting reply I got from ecutek today. Femto is your only option i guess

31AEE327-3DB7-4523-BF76-77E8E12583D0.png

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Supposedly some company over here called like GTP performance or something

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
I had the same goal in mind, just wanted a bit more power than stock without having to go crazy and change out things since I'll be tracking the car here and there. It's more than enough power for me.

JB4, AA Catted DP, Intake (mostly for sound) and just running basic California 91 gas. The car already has traction issues in 1st and 2nd. I just recently finished my custom map with Jesse and it's feeling great. And a custom map IMO is a MUST for the peace of mind compared to the OTS maps.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Can this alone allow for e85? Wouldn't e85 also have to adjust the fueling?
Please be cautious, supra fuel system cannot handle e85, but must be mixed with 93 octane to prodcue a e30-e40 mixture depending on tune. Even a flex fuel kit will not allow full e85.

You would need port injection to run full e85, and probably an upgraded fuel pump.

Femto is the Russian group (now based in Finland) that is conducting ECU unlocks/clones for guys like us with 2020+ DMEs. They are currently the ONLY company or service doing this.

We have seen rumblings that bFlash will offer this as a similar service as well (without the need for a clone). But they have kept their cards close to their chest. See my thread for more details on bFlash:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bf...your-2021-supra-is-finally-almost-here.13412/

There is another group working on their own unlock software product, but @Carl - Driveway Labs is the only person on the forum to see it in person.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
OP
OP
Awales74

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Please be cautious, supra fuel system cannot handle e85, but must be mixed with 93 octane to prodcue a e30-e40 mixture depending on tune. Even a flex fuel kit will not allow full e85.
Thx for the info! I was wondering why everyone was playing mad scientist at the pump. Curious if it's volume limited (the volume of fluid required for corn exceeds what the injectors/fuel rail can squirt) or if it's alcohol content on the plastic and rubber. More of curiosity though, if the experts say nein then nein it is.

Anyone got a link or some info on what exactly the JB4 is actually doing? I'm not sure how JB4 can spoof the ECU in a safe and reliable way. Like it can't control the timing so is it relying on the ECU (or worse, the knock detection) to adjust to getting more air than it expects? From safety, reliability perspective -- i'm really super curious.

Also, while i enjoy putting small mods on cars. I hate doing it at the expense of other features. So to me, traction control and cruise control are my biggest worries. For traction control, the designers are expecting the car to only have 368 lb-ft of torque, will it hold if we go to 400 or 450. The guys building race cars and drag cars will far exceed this and always turn it off. But for a DD, i love the TC. As for cruise control, will it adjust to the additional power? I can imagine if we drive up hill, car slows, cruise wants to input a small throttle adjustment... will that adjustment be bigger than normal. Worse, will the cruise control be confused and give a little throttle, let car slow, little throttle and we turn the ride into a bucking bronco.

I know, alot of JB4 questions. When I purchased car I had thought someone would be able to crack the ECU. My previous car,it took a couple of years for someone to find the magic sauce. But it sounds like everyone's given up on the MkV?

thx.
Sponsored