All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I've been lurking on this forum for a while now. Early 2020, I thought I had an order in for a LE with my local Toyota dealer before getting screwed. Still on my radar, but now waiting on Z release to make that decision on my next 2-seater.
I think you are going to like what the Z has to offer. Assuming dealers don't mark the prices up too much.
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
For the base model. It will start adding up once you check the options list.
Exactly. I think the Nismo model will be on par with the 3.0 Premiums and will probably start at around $50k. The base models will be exactly what they are, base models stripped of anything nice and have plastic everywhere. I am a huge Z fan as I bought a 07 when they first came out and loved the car but still glad I went the Supra route instead of waiting for the Z.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Exactly. I think the Nismo model will be on par with the 3.0 Premiums and will probably start at around $50k. The base models will be exactly what they are, base models stripped of anything nice and have plastic everywhere. I am a huge Z fan as I bought a 07 when they first came out and loved the car but still glad I went the Supra route instead of waiting for the Z.
We sh'all see. ;)

I'll end with this. From what I heard the base Z will be a wayyyyyyy better buy than the 2.0 Supra and it will also come with a manual. :D

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Sounds too good to be true, imo
At that price, I'd be worried about the interior
Well, considering the interior of my past G's and Z's - it won't be that much of a letdown for most and expected for many. If they just manage to improve the seats, honestly I don't mind - at least they've used good plastic (i.e. it doesn't crack and fade super quickly).

If they really are that cheap... I'll definitely have to clear some more garage space. Would be nice to put a few less miles on the MKV - and getting to row some gears again would be a huge plus! ;)

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS400
In a world where loaded Camry’s Altima’s and Maxima’s are pushing towards (and in some cases, surpassing) $40k MSRP... I am not too optimistic about the pricing of this car.

I think people that look at base prices and actually shop for a car based on it’s listed based price are usually in for a rude awakening, unless they are buying something like a Dodge Journey or some other vehicle that the dealership wants to throw away. Oftentimes, that “base price” exists online but not on dealership lots. This is especially true when a car first comes out and those who want to be the first on the block to get them actually flock to get them.

I’m going to throw out a prediction and say $40k. When it comes out, the average Joe who walks into Anytown, USA and their Nissan Dealership, will look around the lot and see the lowest priced one at ~$38-40k MSRP. That’s still a bargain actually, even if it’s higher than some of the more optimistic predictions.

LugNut

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That TT v6 motor makes around 350 whp and wtq in the 400 red sport Q60. Safe to say it will be the same motor and tune most likely. They seem to respond well to mods but seem to make about the same power as the b58 when both have downpipes and a tune.

I am betting it will weigh more than then outgoing 370 too. Its slightly longer and has a heavier engine. Could be only a little though if they play the cards right. The 370z is around 3200-3300 now, right?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Sounds too good to be true, imo
At that price, I'd be worried about the interior
It does sound too good to be true if the twin turbo is the only engine. I can possibly see a lower performance engine starting at $34K. $34K car with 400hp twin turbos sounds way too cheap. I suspect it will be closer to $38K-$40K. $40K+ for loaded up performance models. Either way the 2.0 Supra is in jeopardy. The 3.0 will probably have sales poached also just because the Z will offer a manual transmission.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
The 370Z first came out as a 2009 model in 2008. It was poor timing because the economy crashed. I remember because bought a brand new 2009 370Z for $8K off because no one was buying anything back then. I think the msrp was $35K? I drove the car for a couple of years and sold it for just about what I paid brand new. The car deals were unbelievable back then.

Last edited: