All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
The 370 in this picture looks better and other than sponsor stickers, some wheels, hood latches, and wing, the major body panels are stock to my knowledge. I don't know where they were going with this new Z but if people honestly think it looks better than the 370 I have to ask, what do you think looks better?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
The 370 in this picture looks better and other than sponsor stickers, some wheels, hood latches, and wing, the major body panels are stock to my knowledge. I don't know where they were going with this new Z but if people honestly think it looks better than the 370 I have to ask, what do you think looks better?
In that photo I prefer the 370Zs wider, curvier rear fenders. 911 Turbo like. I have a thing for large curvy shapes though. Lol.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
In that photo I prefer the 370Zs wider, curvier rear fenders. 911 Turbo like. I have a thing for large curvy shapes though. Lol.
I also prefer the wider curvier look of the 370, and again, to my knowledge, the 370's body panels in this picture are stock other than the carbon hood. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know looks are subjective, but I personally think the 370z looks better so far than this new 400z.

A comparison I made on our sister forum.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/370z-vs-2023-z.102/

Things I notice immediately is that the roof line is identical on both cars. The 370 has more pronounced fenders and quarter panels, and I truly never paid attention to the F1 style light in the rear bumper of the 370. Part of me wants to like the new Z's rear taillight assembly but I'm also not a fan of the solid "bar' look that goes from one side all the way to the next, it reminds me of something you would see on a flat backed mini-van or SUV. Hopefully things change my opinion when I see one in person.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Things I notice immediately is that the roof line is identical on both cars. The 370 has more pronounced fenders and quarter panels, and I truly never paid attention to the F1 style light in the rear bumper of the 370. Part of me wants to like the new Z's rear taillight assembly but I'm also not a fan of the solid "bar' look that goes from one side all the way to the next, it reminds me of something you would see on a flat backed mini-van or SUV. Hopefully things change my opinion when I see one in person.
It does appear that the a pillar and roof panel are carried over. The fenders yes, but I think the quarter panel on the new Z are more pronounced. I'm the opposite. I love the 300ZX look. I never been a big fan of the boomerang lights. To each their own.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I am seriously tired of people talking about the A90 not having a manual especially people that has never even driven one and saying there needs to be a manual so they would buy one when they can’t even afford one...
Why the comments about manual/no manual, affording/not affording one? Going back through the thread, this wasn't the point??????????

Just "opinions" like everything else. Just glad to see that you have the ability to make "adult" choices. CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Why the comments about manual/no manual, affording/not affording one? Going back through the thread, this wasn't the point??????????

Just "opinions" like everything else. Just glad to see that you have the ability to make "adult" choices. CONGRATS!!!!!!!
For your sake, I hope Toyota drops the Supra $3-$5k off so you can pick up yours up in about a year....... And if they don’t, you can always go pick up a new Z... Because it will have a manual too and way cheaper than the Supra....

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
That's different from the Q60 Diff, which is good, because the Q60 comes with an open diff in all versions.

1616956577638.png

The 370z Sport and Nismo diff is the universally hated VLSD, and the Nismo version's cover actually looks similar to the one on the New Z, but not the same.

1616956806963.png

I'd guess it's an LSD, but let's just hope it's not another Viscous.
As far as im aware, Nissan has only ever used or will use Viscous LSD’s (someone correct me if im wrong). Not sure why they never went with Torsen units....probably cost. I like that it has large cooling fins. Nothing the aftermarket can’t fix.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The more I look at that proto grill, the more im disliking it. At first I didn’t mind it, but it’s throwing that front off somehow, I can’t quite explain why.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I also prefer the wider curvier look of the 370, and again, to my knowledge, the 370's body panels in this picture are stock other than the carbon hood. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know looks are subjective, but I personally think the 370z looks better so far than this new 400z.
I owned a 370Z but was never really into it. I always thought the 370Z was a nice design though. I like the exterior design quite a bit. I like the 370Z exterior more than the new Z in pictures. That might change in real life though. Interior wise the new Z blows away the 370Zs interior.

Aesthetically I think I prefer the Supra's exterior design over the new Z. I think I like the Z's digital dash more though. Hard to really say until the Z is at dealers.

Last edited:

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
View attachment 39953

The next Nissan Z car is easily one of the most hotly anticipated cars of 2021, and we've been scraping around everywhere to find as much information on the new sports car as we can. So far we've covered everything from the ultra-close-to-reality prototype, to patent drawings, to leaked photos of what is likely the production 400Z, as we've been expecting it to be called. What we haven't had, until today, was the nitty gritty stuff such as the Z's pricing, specs, and features and options.

But thanks to a massive leak—more like a water main break—on enthusiast forum NissanZClub, we now have a ton of new unofficially released information to pour over. According to poster Houston.z35, the next Nissan Z car won't be called the 400Z. The name is just "Nissan Z." This, despite the fact that there will be a 400-hp version of the 3.0-liter turbocharged V-6 VR30DDTT engine under the hood, and most of us anticipated a numerical upgrade from the current 370Z nomenclature to something 400-ish.

As we suspected earlier, the next Z's underpinnings will be largely carryover from the current 370Z. That means the chassis, hard points, and cutlines will all be the same, but the bodywork is obviously quite different and eye-catching. There will be two transmissions available: A six-speed manual is standard and, apparently, a Mercedes-Benz-supplied nine-speed will serve as the automatic transmission option.

Nissan Z Type S And Type T
Base Z cars will get Akebono brakes as standard, while upgraded 'Type S" (no relation to Acura) cars will get Brembos—but regardless of brake package, the floating calipers have been done away with in favor of fixed units. Cars with the Type S option also get thicker sway bars, a more robust cooling package, and "other stuff," according to OP. You'll likely want to spec this if you plan on tracking your Z.

There will also be a "Type T" package, which is more focused on interior amenities and echoes past Z models' Touring packages and trims. The T package reportedly nets heated and cooled leather seats, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control, among other niceties. All cars get the digital dashboard previewed on the Z Proto prototype, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be standard fare. Color options will carry over from the 370Z, with a new yellow and orange color being added to the palette for the new Z.

New Z Car, New Price
The price for all this sporty goodness is apparently $34,995, at least to start—that undercuts other sporty machines like the all-conquering (front-wheel-drive) Civic Type R and the (also rear-wheel-drive) Toyota Supra 3.0, the Z's primary rival. The Type S and Type T packages will cost around $5,000 each, and Type ST cars will combine both options and set you back around $45,000. We reached out the Nissan to see if they would confirm any of the leaked info to us, but no dice.
"As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. We will not however comment on speculation, no matter how optimistic it may be," a Nissan spokesperson said. They're right. At the moment this is all still speculation, and no matter how much we think we know, nothing is for certain until Nissan takes the silk off the cars later this year.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
All of the news reports seem to rehash what a member on this forum said. It's one thing when a forum member or blogger speculates but it's sloppy reporting when other larger websites and magazines start reporting what one forum member wrote. It's incredible news sources will just re-tell the same "unconfirmed" rumors as fact without any confirmation. At least the author in the above article clarifies the source as "unofficial".
Sponsored