All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
The 400zx is for people that can’t afford a brand new GTR. Lol It’s broke man’s GTR....
I mean the Z has always been a Mustang alternative in my opinion (being that the original was inspired by one) it’ll do alright. I’m just happy we get to see stuff like this with the whole EV craze.
Sponsored

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
He seems like a really nice guy. Car guys usually are. But his entire video was quite literally him reading his notes, of a Nissanzclub.com member's post, that anyone following this 'Z' speculation has already seen.

Looking back at the early posts on supramkv.com, it's interesting to read what everyone hoped for in the Supra; and then see that the reality of building something special came with challenges in the current economy.

Let's see if Datsun can do what Toyota and BMW couldn't do.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
However, with the last iteration of the 86 TRD SE priced at $33k, the BRZ tS at $34k and the Mx-5 RF GT at $36k - all with around HALF the power of the new Z - the mid $30k to low $40k priced Z will definitely pull some buyers from the Mx-5, BRZ and 86 (as well as 2.0 Supra).
Speaking of the 86 Toyota just debut the 2nd gen. If the Z is priced at a mid $35k range I think the 86 needs to go back to being a $24k car.

Last edited:

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m really glad to see Nissan putting the gloves on with Toyota. Having competition is what keeps these OEM’s on their toes.

however, I don’t think there will be much to think about here.

would you prefer a 370Z ? Or a Supra ?

Exactly. The Supra is the better car.

At the crank, the Supra puts down close to 420HP. To the wheels it’s putting down around 385. So the power is all there.

the interior on the Supra I can already tell by pictures of the new Z looks better. Carbon fiber ( real carbon as well) patted leather, thick and plush materials. Very little plastic. The Z has plastic everywhere.

the Supra has a better chassis, there is no debate on this. The Supra has one of the stiffest chassis in the world (road Car you can buy at dealership new ) even more stiff Than a LFA.

the Supra will be faster thanks to its ZF transmission. It’s the best thing we have other than a DCT. So it will boogie a lot quicker than the Z will.

and finally we have the looks. The Supra looks better. Looks more exotic and commands attention. I don’t think the Z will have that same affect.

so what does the Z offer that’s better ? BRUH, that PRICE ! $35k starting? And make no mistake, the $35K your spending will get you the same engine. Just different bits here and there will be different. 35 grand and you get a 400hp rwd manual hatch sports car. Cmon guys, you can’t tell me this isn’t a solid dealbreaker.

I love the Supra. I own one, I’ll never get rid of it ( hopefully) but man, Nissan did great by all of us down here who want to enjoy a nice sports car at a price that won’t break your wallet.

can’t wait to see what lies ahead.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I’m really glad to see Nissan putting the gloves on with Toyota. Having competition is what keeps these OEM’s on their toes.

however, I don’t think there will be much to think about here.

would you prefer a 370Z ? Or a Supra ?

Exactly. The Supra is the better car.

At the crank, the Supra puts down close to 420HP. To the wheels it’s putting down around 385. So the power is all there.

the interior on the Supra I can already tell by pictures of the new Z looks better. Carbon fiber ( real carbon as well) patted leather, thick and plush materials. Very little plastic. The Z has plastic everywhere.

the Supra has a better chassis, there is no debate on this. The Supra has one of the stiffest chassis in the world (road Car you can buy at dealership new ) even more stiff Than a LFA.

the Supra will be faster thanks to its ZF transmission. It’s the best thing we have other than a DCT. So it will boogie a lot quicker than the Z will.

and finally we have the looks. The Supra looks better. Looks more exotic and commands attention. I don’t think the Z will have that same affect.

so what does the Z offer that’s better ? BRUH, that PRICE ! $35k starting? And make no mistake, the $35K your spending will get you the same engine. Just different bits here and there will be different. 35 grand and you get a 400hp rwd manual hatch sports car. Cmon guys, you can’t tell me this isn’t a solid dealbreaker.

I love the Supra. I own one, I’ll never get rid of it ( hopefully) but man, Nissan did great by all of us down here who want to enjoy a nice sports car at a price that won’t break your wallet.

can’t wait to see what lies ahead.
Agreed, I saw the A90 in Red a couple days ago and Toyota absolutely nailed it, everything is just right on the A90

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I don't think that would be my first pick but it's nice to see that Nissan will be offering different interior color choices.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I think Guff summed it up pretty well. It also makes me sad to see how some are acting. Competition should be welcomed and not discouraged. Lastly, paraphrasing here, but those that said it's cheap garbage, Supra has nothing to worry about, you don't care, etc; the way you are coming at it says otherwise. ;)

Regardless of what it is, I think it's a great complement to the Supra. Competition makes the market much better, and a Z at 35k or 45k or 55k are all good news because it will push Toyota to keep the A90 fresh.

I figured from the very beginning that they would be using the same classic Nissan FM platform evolution, and that's really the only thing that worries me. The 370z had a very forgettable chassis, the Q60 RS400 is near 4000-lbs and also just not a very good chassis. Nissan using the existing platform presents a great opportunity for cost savings, but also means they are really going to have to work very hard to make this car feel good.

I truly hope they can pull it off though. The VR30 seems like a great powerplant, just needs everything around it to be better.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think Guff summed it up pretty well. It also makes me sad to see how some are acting. Competition should be welcomed and not discouraged. Lastly, paraphrasing here, but those that said it's cheap garbage, Supra has nothing to worry about, you don't care, etc; the way you are coming at it says otherwise. ;)
Think you're taking it the wrong way, in my case anyway. Of course competition is welcome, but that goes with a bit of shit talking lol. Ever seen a competition where one side doesn't talk shit about the other? Maybe one where everybody gets a participation prize :rofl:
If it follows the 350 and 370, it will be cheap on the inside, and if the starting price is true, so will this. They have to save the money somewhere. I'm excited to see them on the road. But a bit of banter is only normal. Maybe you haven't seen the 37 videos saying we should trade in our Supra's lol.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Think you're taking it the wrong way, in my case anyway. Of course competition is welcome, but that goes with a bit of shit talking lol. Ever seen a competition where one side doesn't talk shit about the other? Maybe one where everybody gets a participation prize :rofl:
If it follows the 350 and 370, it will be cheap on the inside, and if the starting price is true, so will this. They have to save the money somewhere. I'm excited to see them on the road. But a bit of banter is only normal. Maybe you haven't seen the 37 videos saying we should trade in our Supra's lol.
I never single anyone out. The shoes goes on both foot. Going through the thread it seems a handful of people getting offended over unofficial specs and no one can say anything bad about the Supra.

Ok, and? It's supposedly a $40k Nissan. Which probably means it won't have a top-notch interior, shocker! Yes, a little disagreement and back and forth here and there is to be expected, but it seems like you're just trolling at this point. You think the front is hideous and the interior is cheap, cool beans, we get the message. :thumbsup:
Sponsored