All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Yup. I remember going to look at a Civic Type R when they just came out. There was a guy there that walked straight out of Wal-Mart to the dealer in his pajamas asking for an 84 month loan, even though the car had a 20k markup.
Just, WTF LOL. Embarrassing.
Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I adore the new GT4. Especially with the PDK. I have a 3 year lease on my Supra, if the GRMN comes here, and I can get an allocation, it'll be either that or a GT4. GT3 is out of my reach new, used it depends how they depreciate when the new GT3 RS hits the dealers. But tbh I like the Cayman more these days. The 911 is to me, the rich man's Corvette.
The Cayman is also more rare to see on the streets by quite a margin. Porsche sells roughly 500 more units of the 911 per Quarter than the Cayman.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
After watching Larry Chenā€™s photo shoot video for the Z proto I gotta say I really like the exterior styling of the car. The only thing Iā€™m not so sure of is the front end dead on. From every other angle Iā€™m really digging it.
Now the fact that this is based off the ancient 350/370z platform has me less enthused. Itā€™s also hard for me to imagine a cash strapped Nissan putting enough resources into improving that platform enough to make it competitive from a driving experience standpoint. Time will tell. Looking forward to more info.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
The Cayman is also more rare to see on the streets by quite a margin. Porsche sells roughly 500 more units of the 911 per Quarter than the Cayman.
The Cayman and 911 are probably even in downtown Chicago. It's not uncommon to see multiple P-Cars daily. The Supra is a lot more rare than both the Cayman and 911. I have only seen a Supra twice in the wild since they were released.

Last edited:

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
After watching Larry Chenā€™s photo shoot video for the Z proto I gotta say I really like the exterior styling of the car. The only thing Iā€™m not so sure of is the front end dead on. From every other angle Iā€™m really digging it.
Now the fact that this is based off the ancient 350/370z platform has me less enthused. Itā€™s also hard for me to imagine a cash strapped Nissan putting enough resources into improving that platform enough to make it competitive from a driving experience standpoint. Time will tell. Looking forward to more info.
The new Z definitely sounds like it will be very good value judging by horsepower. Unfortunately power is just part of the equation. A equally important part of the equation is chassis tuning, steering feel, brake feel, overall chassis dynamics.

Like you I am slightly less enthused with Nissan using the 370Z platform. I only say this because I did not think my early 370Z was much to talk about chassis and handling wise. The brakes definitely were lacking in my '09 370Z. I will say this. My old 370Z was a first year model. I have not driven the most recent versions. I am hoping Nissan is successful with massaging the chassis into a better driving car. I firmly believe competition helps consumers. Consumers get the benefit of better products. I am very much looking forward to seeing and driving the end product whenever it's available.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Yeah, the 370Z's brakes were definitely lacking. However, the steering should definitely feel different as it was a hydraulic unit before.

Chassis tuning and ride quality will be the biggest questions. Hopefully quite a bit of improvement as well. We shall see if it'll have different settings for comfort and sport since the 370Z only came in one flavor.

Has anyone compared the sound and feel from the VR30 and the VQ37? One thing I disliked about my 370Z was the engine note and feel. Granted an aftermarket dual intake and an ARK Grip catback helped marginally in improving that coarse "coffee grinder" under the hood.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
If it ends up having a mitsubishi ecu, youll be able to tune it before you can a 2021 supra. 3/4 of the people here will trade in. Hahaha

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
The new Z definitely sounds like it will be very good value judging by horsepower. Unfortunately power is just part of the equation. A equally important part of the equation is chassis tuning, steering feel, brake feel, overall chassis dynamics.

Like you I am slightly less enthused with Nissan using the 370Z platform. I only say this because I did not think my early 370Z was much to talk about chassis and handling wise. The brakes definitely were lacking in my '09 370Z. I will say this. My old 370Z was a first year model. I have not driven the most recent versions. I am hoping Nissan is successful with massaging the chassis into a better driving car. I firmly believe competition helps consumers. Consumers get the benefit of better products. I am very much looking forward to seeing and driving the end product whenever it's available.
Well said.

Iā€™m just glad theyā€™re making a successor in the first place. Even if it doesnā€™t live up to hopes or expectations. Iā€™d love to see some competition with Japanese automakers and sports cars again. The idea of a new MR2 and some sort of RX7 really excited me. I know the chances of that are slim, but I can dream. Those were my first two cars. Nostalgia holds strong.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Well said.

Iā€™m just glad theyā€™re making a successor in the first place. Even if it doesnā€™t live up to hopes or expectations. Iā€™d love to see some competition with Japanese automakers and sports cars again. The idea of a new MR2 and some sort of RX7 really excited me. I know the chances of that are slim, but I can dream. Those were my first two cars. Nostalgia holds strong.
An MR2 would be incredible. They have the knowledge through Lotus, and they can even use their own engines.
I highly doubt we'll ever see a rotary street car again. I absolutely adore them, but with the way things are going, it'll never pass environmental regulations for mass production. The only way we'll see an RX-9 is if they go hybrid, which would not be too bad as that'll fill the lack of torque issue the RX-8 had.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
An MR2 would be incredible. They have the knowledge through Lotus, and they can even use their own engines.
I highly doubt we'll ever see a rotary street car again. I absolutely adore them, but with the way things are going, it'll never pass environmental regulations for mass production. The only way we'll see an RX-9 is if they go hybrid, which would not be too bad as that'll fill the lack of torque issue the RX-8 had.
Iā€™ve heard rumors of a hybrid electric powerplant that uses a rotary engine. Would be pretty interesting to see Mazda adapt the RWD platform theyā€™ve supposedly been developing to use that in a RX car.

Thereā€™s also the rumor that Toyota has been in talks with Porsche to use their next gen cayman/boxster platform for a MR2. That one I find a bit more far fetched. I didnā€™t think Porsche was developing a new platform at all, but rather would be using MMB. Doesnā€™t seem like co-development would be necessary there. I suppose it could be similar to BMW and Toyotaā€™s use and development of the new CLAR platform for a shared car. IDK

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Iā€™ve heard rumors of a hybrid electric powerplant that uses a rotary engine. Would be pretty interesting to see Mazda adapt the RWD platform theyā€™ve supposedly been developing to use that in a RX car.

Thereā€™s also the rumor that Toyota has been in talks with Porsche to use their next gen cayman/boxster platform for a MR2. That one I find a bit more far fetched. I didnā€™t think Porsche was developing a new platform at all, but rather would be using MMB. Doesnā€™t seem like co-development would be necessary there. I suppose it could be similar to BMW and Toyotaā€™s use and development of the new CLAR platform for a shared car. IDK
Yeah I read that too. But that's not a rotary as we're used to. That's just a tiny rotary engine that runs to charge the battery as a range extender. Like a backup generator.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Found a clearer one. It looks pretty much the same as the 370.

839263-jpg.jpg
Sponsored