All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
A lot of the interior (especially) bits and pieces appear to be carried over from the 370Z. I recall lots of reviews complaining about how plasticky everything was in that Z. I had no gripes with mine, but when priced between $35k and $45k, I'm sure the cost-cutting will be obvious when compared to the Supra.

LED displays in dashboards and infotainment have gotten significantly more affordable for automakers since the 2008 introduction of the 370Z. We've already seen that in its cool interior. However, hopefully there'll be improvements in structural rigidity which will make it more like the Supra than the BRZ/86 twins. We'll just have to wait and see.
Obviously I haven't, and you're speculating as well. And I'm okay with that. :thumbsup:
i think it will be interesting to see what becomes of it. It isnt the first time a chassis (i always pronounce that like a brit in my head shassiss) has been carried over but improved.

-the cost of better materials and tech has come way down

-the economy of scale they are leveraging is brilliant. That v6tt is a sweetheart of a motor. The 370z chassis when it was released was universally praised.

by carrying over proven power train components they got in house and reusing the chassis keeps costs down.

supposedly there were changes made to the architecture and the materials to both stiffen and lighten it.

of course, time will tell, but i remain optimistic for what they accomplish.....
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
How is it that they’re advertising the car in commercials but yet no pricing or trim levels released?

-RJM

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
How is it that they’re advertising the car in commercials but yet no pricing or trim levels released?

-RJM
they are just trying to build up hype and product awareness. no differences from all the other automarkers when they do the same thing by featuring concepts and protytypes in commercials.

clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I was actually debating waiting things out until these are reviewed and on sale before getting my Supra (I loved my solar orange 2007 350z when I had one 11 years ago), but I was ultimately more confident in the Supra and its platform (even if it is largely BMW) than what appears to be something mostly derived from the 370z mechanically, regardless of it having the 400hp engine.

clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I dont think the Z looks all that bad. It just needs alil help in the fake vent department to look more "exotic". ;)

zwithzupravents.jpg
Everything but the front of the new Z looks fantastic. I really like the back end throwback to the 300zx.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I just can't unsee the angry emoji sticker from Facebook/WhatsApp. Lol. Hopefully the aftermarket designs a nice front bumper. Or just get a black one.

20-206878_emoticon-smiley-emoji-funny-stickers-facebook-messenger-stickers.png.jpeg

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
when you say “refinement” what do you mean? What will the new Z car not have that the Supra does?
it won’t have the same feel. Science guarantees it.

The A90/1 Supra has a chassis that’s stiffer than even the Lexus LFA & you can definitely feel it compared to other cars. Very,Very Rigid and refined ride.

The Supra just screams refinement. Everything inside of it is TIGHT and well built. I can assure you the 400Z will have but loads of thin, flimsy and cheap plastic all over the place. Nissan will have to cut corners somewhere & I bet you it’ll be in the interior, which is the place YOU will spend most of your time in while operating it. There’s very little cheap plastic in the Supra. It’s all carbon fiber, patted leather.

The Supra also does a better job at making you feel like you’re in something exotic. The windshield is small, the roof like aggressive and the car has much more design elements all around.

for the money, I’d say the Supra is better.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
it won’t have the same feel. Science guarantees it.

The A90/1 Supra has a chassis that’s stiffer than even the Lexus LFA & you can definitely feel it compared to other cars. Very,Very Rigid and refined ride.

The Supra just screams refinement. Everything inside of it is TIGHT and well built. I can assure you the 400Z will have but loads of thin, flimsy and cheap plastic all over the place. Nissan will have to cut corners somewhere & I bet you it’ll be in the interior, which is the place YOU will spend most of your time in while operating it. There’s very little cheap plastic in the Supra. It’s all carbon fiber, patted leather.

The Supra also does a better job at making you feel like you’re in something exotic. The windshield is small, the roof like aggressive and the car has much more design elements all around.

for the money, I’d say the Supra is better.
all BMW’s start that way. Give it a couple years. She’ll be rattling down the road like a stick in a bucket of rocks. ;)

BimYotaZupra

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Odd that you seem to like all the above. A lot of people have complained about visibility issues, hitting their heads on the low roof, and the strange need to place fake vents throughout the car. I guess to each their own.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Odd that you seem to like all the above. A lot of people have complained about visibility issues, hitting their heads on the low roof, and the strange need to place fake vents throughout the car. I guess to each their own.
Honest question: why are you here exactly? The only posts I see you on are about other cars and back hand insults to the MKV. Seems like you and a few others are visitors from other forums only present to disparage and cause trouble. If you do not own, or hope to own, a Supra, why are you here? Would seem to be a waste of time.

BimYotaZupra

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Honest question: why are you here exactly? The only posts I see you on are about other cars and back hand insults to the MKV. Seems like you and a few others are visitors from other forums only present to disparage and cause trouble. If you do not own, or hope to own, a Supra, why are you here? Would seem to be a waste of time.
Another insecure Supra owner I see. Sorry I didnt realize you needed to own one of these to be allowed to post here. Some of us just like chatting about cars. I forgot this generation needed their safe space ?

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Most sports cars have ingress/egress and visibility issues. Nothing new. Go to car meet where there are sports/exotic cars and you'll watch people struggling to get in and out. Lol.

The visibility in my Supra isn't much different than my 370Z or 350Z. And I don't see it being much better in the new Z. :dunno:

Also, fake vents have been around since the 80s. Again, nothing new. Nobody bitched about it when the flamboyant 3000GT came out. Lol. Have you seen the photo edit of the MK5 without any of the vents? They add visual interest and character.

BimYotaZupra

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Most sports cars have ingress/egress and visibility issues. Nothing new. Go to car meet where there are sports/exotic cars and you'll watch people struggling to get in and out. Lol.

The visibility in my Supra isn't much different than my 370Z or 350Z. And I don't see it being much better in the new Z. :dunno:

Also, fake vents have been around since the 80s. Again, nothing new. Nobody bitched about it when the flamboyant 3000GT came out. Lol. Have you seen the photo edit of the MK5 without any of the vents? They add visual interest and character.
Right, but I just thought it was alil odd that he seem to really like that feature.

Im not saying vents arent cool looking but the only reason they were added to the production car was to imitate the FT1. Like the designers hands were tied because of how everyone drool over the concept. I can forgive the ones on the bumpers and hood but the ones on the door look odd AF... It really ruins the clean look of the side profile. Functional door vents could have been posible if they had forgo the FT1 look and went with something more along the lines of the MK4 as pictured from this forums own rendering. But I doubt Toyota could give a F about what I think. Don't mind me just rambling from a non Supra owner.

hmlpnkogmlv.jpeg
Sponsored