All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Personally, I hope the car is successful. If it succeeds then there is a higher possibility that we can continue to get fun cars from any manufacturer.

I’m not excited that it sits on an old platform but if it’s a good car then it’s a good car. Very much like our Supra that everyone puts on blast because “it’s just a BMW under the skin”.

Never understood the fanboy mentality.
This, having more options to pick from should be celebrated! The more the merrier. :D

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
all BMW’s start that way. Give it a couple years. She’ll be rattling down the road like a stick in a bucket of rocks. ;)
false. All older BMW’s I’ve driven and sat in ( a lot ) don’t feel this way.

you might be confusing it with something else man lol.
I don't think this is uniquely a BMW problem. A lot of older cars start to rattle as time passes.

BimYotaZupra

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
I think Guff summed it up pretty well. It also makes me sad to see how some are acting. Competition should be welcomed and not discouraged. Lastly, paraphrasing here, but those that said it's cheap garbage, Supra has nothing to worry about, you don't care, etc; the way you are coming at it says otherwise. ;)
Im sorry sir but Im going to have to ask you to stop posting anything with logic and common sense. Its very distracting those that are trashing on the Z ?

You know the “ fake vents “ where put there for ascetic purposes, right ?. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why Toyota didn’t bother making them functional. They knew that people would start to modify the car and eventually do it for them.

let someone else eat up the R&D. Simple math, man.
Bro did you not read any of my post regarding the "fake vents". I already said as much. Going on year 3 and the only real product out there are the ones for the hood. Goodluck trying to make the ones on the door functional.

Also good job at deleting all of your personal attacks and for goodness sake please learn to use to multiple quote feature :lol:

you desperately need the new Z car to fail hahaha

very reminiscent of mkiv supra owners back in the 90’s talking about rx-7’s and 300zx’s.....although my personal favorite then was “well the skyline isnt sold here so it doesnt matter!” ??
Yeah whats up with all the hate on the Z? There are like over 100 threads in this section and none of these keyboard warriors go after those cars.

I see you're new here. Absolutely no criticism of the J29 is allowed; only Z35 bashing is (even though we don't have official specs, pricing and not mention not one person on this forum has driven it).
I am and Im blown away by the level of hypocrisy from the high and mighty :rolleyes:

Honestly if this is your rebuttal maybe you should just be banned, you don't even own a Supra, your name and persona on this forum are now coming off as extremely troll. You don't seem to have good intentions and aren't even a fan of the Supra. Yeah gtfo honestly.
Thank you for your approval and further proving my point. Good day to you sir :)

I agree that they can be a troll sometimes and it would be nice to see comments from them that's not just trolling, but here we support the right to free speech. I don't think they deserve to be banned from a few silly, but harmless comments.

I feel like the car community would prosper if we can admit the merits and demerits that each car has, and if we had thicker skin. But @BimYotaZupra, seeing repetitive troll comments is not fun for everyone else around, and you being a dick about people "needing their safe space" isn't really constructive to the forums whatsoever.

Let's get along guys.
Right, but its ok for "non trolls" to needlessly poke fun of and make jabs at upcoming the Z gotcha ;)

Personally, I hope the car is successful. If it succeeds then there is a higher possibility that we can continue to get fun cars from any manufacturer.

I’m not excited that it sits on an old platform but if it’s a good car then it’s a good car. Very much like our Supra that everyone puts on blast because “it’s just a BMW under the skin”.

OMG a reasonable sounding Supra owner. Wish there were more like you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Yes, of course I hope it succeeds as well. The more sports cars, the better. Keep 'em alive! :headbang:

Not to get too side tracked...but...

My OCD kicks into high gear with squeaks and rattles. After a year with the Supra, it's done surprisingly well for a sports car with 19" wheels.

I've had to use some Tesa tape around some of the trim pieces in the areas surrounding the aluminum bar behind the seats, but that cured the minor creaking.

I've been in newer Hondas and Benzes with more interior noise than the Supra. Forget Tesla - they're like driving around with Lego sets scattered around the interior. Lol.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV

My sentiments too. Diversity is what keeps the entire car scene going. It would be a shame to see fun cars dwindle in number in years to come.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I don't think this is uniquely a BMW problem. A lot of older cars start to rattle as time passes.
yup, BMWs, Mazdas, Toyotas, Fords, GMs i owned them all and none seem to be immuned to this problem.

I think the fake door vent on the Supra is different in that same way. I'd love to see a version where all the visible seams were blended into the door though with just the black plastic piece exposed.
there you go

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/wasabi-edition-supra-sema-2019.2776/

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium