Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Anyone try the Diode Dynamics switchbacks?
Sponsored

BLtheP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Anyone try the Diode Dynamics switchbacks?
I have in the past, those and other DD bulbs. I wouldn't buy any of them. DDs have a bad habit of falling out of sockets, the bright modes not being very bright, the low modes being too bright, and radio interference when installed.

VLEDS is the only brand of LED bulbs I've used that I've ever actually had a good experience with. I've spent way too much money there, but at least they've never failed and they have appropriate levels of brightness in all modes.

1stTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
I have in the past, those and other DD bulbs. I wouldn't buy any of them. DDs have a bad habit of falling out of sockets, the bright modes not being very bright, the low modes being too bright, and radio interference when installed.

VLEDS is the only brand of LED bulbs I've used that I've ever actually had a good experience with. I've spent way too much money there, but at least they've never failed and they have appropriate levels of brightness in all modes.

Thanks for the advise BltheP... I'll look into VLEDS

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
Lasfit led bulbs installed. No problems at this time. I like the switchback thing. They are much more robust than the stock bulbs.
TRD Sport / Underground

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Lasfit led bulbs installed. No problems at this time. I like the switchback thing. They are much more robust than the stock bulbs.
TRD Sport / Underground
What do you mean by " much more robust than the stock bulbs" . Not being a dick..just asking.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Sorry, but Lasfit products are junk. Been there, done that. Especially with the built-in resistors. They don't work as a hazard flasher because when they get 5-7 minutes in, they get too hot and start manually shutting themselves off (while the truck is still blinking them) which makes for a very odd looking blinky light dance. Even in turn signal mode, if you hit two left turns in a row, you will probably meet the criteria for the bulb getting too hot and hyperflashing (because it shuts the resistor off). A proper bulb doesn't have a resistor built in.

Also, the Lasfits are painfully bright to look at...simply too bright for a turn signal. I would recommend VLEDS, they are the best quality. I'm all for more visibility, but there is a point where too much is too much. Also, try them without a resistor, it just might work. The way the 3rd gen was set up required no resistors on TRD models. Worst case, splicing in a resistor is not that bad and is the proper solution and very likely could be done plug and play using OEM connectors and making a t-harness.
Those are nice if you want to spend that much. I was hard pressed to spend $55 to replace an 8 cent bulb. I have used LASFIT in three Tacoma without issue but admittedly have not set the flashers for 5-7 minutes. Additionally, the LASFITs have a 1 year warranty if anyone has issues.

Last edited:

BLtheP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Those are nice if you want to spend that much. I was hard pressed to spend $55 to replace an 8 cent bulb. I have used LASFIT in three Tacoma without issue but admittedly have not set the flashers for 5-7 minutes. Additionally, the LASFITs have a 1 year warranty if anyone has issues.
I don’t recommend the super expensive ones, I recommend the cheaper 50 and 70-led bulbs, which aren’t quite so bad.

Just to be clear, the Lasfits doing what they do at 5+ minutes is not a warranty issue. It is simply them getting too hot from their resistor and they have a safety built in to try and cool the bulb. That’s why I don’t like them, because you can’t really use them as a true hazard unless you know you’ll be done in less than 5 minutes. Thankfully I have not seen many need actual warranty on them, it’s just the quirks involved with having a resistor built in.
Sponsored