Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
So far we know 2025 4Runner colors will feature:

Mudbath (likely TRD Pro exclusive color)
Everest
Heritage Blue

Since none of these are from the 2024 Tacoma or the 2024 4Runner color palettes, any other guesses / predictions for the other colors we might see?

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
They have a Pro in Ice Cap on the website, so we know that one as well. The Platinum was in silver but we don't know the name (unless I missed it somewhere).

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Pulling from LC & Tacoma influences
Underground
Ice Cap White
Black
Celestial Silver

A Red? which one?

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Love the new 4R colors! Trying to make some guesses based on the Taco and LC.

Well you can predict white/black/gray/silver of course. So, depending on model, that looks something like:
Black
Ice Cap
Wind Chill Pearl
Underground
Meteor Shower

What I’m not sure is on the more interesting colors:
Solar Octane
Supersonic Red
Blue Crush
Bronze Oxide

There has to be a theoretical limit to number of colors that can be cost effective to offer on any given line. The LC only offers the two 2-tone combos over the 5 grayscale shades with the Taco offering 4. You have 3 new colors shown, so the question is which ones don’t make an appearance on the 4R. Maybe Solar Octane as an exclusive color for the pickup? Maybe Blue Crush as another PU exclusive now that we’ve seen Heritage Blue as an option. But I can’t see Bronze not being there nor a red. But something has to give.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
What I’m not sure is on the more interesting colors:
Solar Octane
Supersonic Red
Blue Crush
Bronze Oxide

There has to be a theoretical limit to number of colors that can be cost effective to offer on any given line. The LC only offers the two 2-tone combos over the 5 grayscale shades with the Taco offering 4. You have 3 new colors shown, so the question is which ones don’t make an appearance on the 4R. Maybe Solar Octane as an exclusive color for the pickup? Maybe Blue Crush as another PU exclusive now that we’ve seen Heritage Blue as an option. But I can’t see Bronze not being there nor a red. But something has to give.
I'm no expert on this, but it seems the Pro colors come down to the regular line the following year, for one model year. For example, Solar Octane was the 2023 Pro color, and now it's available on the 2024 Taco/4Runner main line, but it'll probably disappear after this year. I'm going to take a guess that 2024 Pro Terra color will be available on the 2025 Taco and on the new 4Runner, for the TRD Sport and Off-road trims.

Since they are throwing Heritage Blue in for 2024 4Runner, it could just another added color... or my whole color hypothesis is garbage.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I agree, there has to be some wild "fun" colors in there. If we cannot get the Everett in other trims, then there has to be a yellow/red spectrum.
I suspect the candy red will be there again, but what else?

This is fun! :)

Chcg12

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 trd pro
It will be interesting… I’m wondering if the trail hunter will come with other colors as well… or will Everest just be the only color… For example, the pro will likely be black white and then mud bath as the exclusive color… Time will tell

Gastan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
It will be interesting… I’m wondering if the trail hunter will come with other colors as well… or will Everest just be the only color… For example, the pro will likely be black white and then mud bath as the exclusive color… Time will tell
Trailhunter will surely come in multiple colors, not just Everest. For example, the Tacoma Trailhunter comes in:
  • Bronze Oxide
  • Ice Cap
  • Underground
  • Celestial Silver Metallic
  • Black

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I just want Magnetic Gray. It's a staple. I hate all the trendy, "Clear-coated primer", flat grays that are so popular these days.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this, but it seems the Pro colors come down to the regular line the following year, for one model year. For example, Solar Octane was the 2023 Pro color, and now it's available on the 2024 Taco/4Runner main line, but it'll probably disappear after this year. I'm going to take a guess that 2024 Pro Terra color will be available on the 2025 Taco and on the new 4Runner, for the TRD Sport and Off-road trims.

Since they are throwing Heritage Blue in for 2024 4Runner, it could just another added color... or my whole color hypothesis is garbage.
Your color theory makes sense to me. https://www.autoblog.com/2024/04/10/toyota-4runner-trd-pro-colors-through-the-years/
Did any of the other exclusive colors go through to the normal lines the year after? I think they must’ve but haven’t followed anything Toyota closely enough until recently to know.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
Did any of the other exclusive colors go through to the normal lines the year after? I think they must’ve but haven’t followed anything Toyota closely enough until recently to know.
They sure did. You could get non-Pro army green, voodoo blue, quicksand, cement, lunar rock, and I think even lime rush.

I may or may not research it to see if all Pro colors followed the trend, but it could be interesting to look into and confirm. I'm assuming the color options were the same between the Taco and the 4Runner; that would be something else to confirm.

Reactions: MJE

Clodydeloady

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GCL Overland 2021
We also have to consider that Tacoma are build in Mexico vice Japan for 4 Runners….so why would 4 runners adopt Tacoma Colors?