2025 4Runner Price Dealer Markups?

STD67

First Name
Rutger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Looks like this is my next vehicle. What can I expect in terms of dealer markups? Its been awhile since I have bought a new vehicle. Is MSRP a realistic goal? Also can I expect to get one this fall? Hoping to hear back from everyone who might help....

speedracer99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Don't expect any discount off MRSP, I think that is a 0% chance. Don't believe they can sell it over MSRP either.

Tire Fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
The last of the 2024 TRD Pros are currently selling at MSRP. That is considered a "discount" in face of the 2025 year model arrival since these carried a dealer mark up previously. The 2025 TRD Pro and Trailhunter will most likely carry a dealer markup.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
There seem to be a few Toyota MSRP dealers around that never charge above MSRP. In the last years they sold TRD pro's for MSRP and had them available. I wonder if that will hold true for super popular models like the 4runner. In any case I will not pay above MSRP no matter what. I'd rather wait 6 month or more until they worked out the early bugs and when there is enough supply to choose the specs I want. Imagine you want to buy a 4runner in December 2024 and they charge 10k above MSRP. In that case you're better off to buy a Landcruiser at MSRP (I assume they are available at MSRP by then).

4L!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t have one.
Will the hybrid be out this fall? Or will it be later like the Tacoma?

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
I'd shop around when they are available. Last time I checked with my dealer (few weeks ago), 2024 4Runners were selling at invoice (below MSRP). I don't know if that will/did change with the 6th gen debut. I personally wouldn't pay above MSRP for anything, but people must be, if dealers can get away with the markups. I see some things for "True Market Value" and I haven't compared that to MRSP recently. If it's above MSRP, I'd still shop around.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I'd shop around when they are available. Last time I checked with my dealer (few weeks ago), 2024 4Runners were selling at invoice (below MSRP). I don't know if that will/did change with the 6th gen debut. I personally wouldn't pay above MSRP for anything, but people must be, if dealers can get away with the markups. I see some things for "True Market Value" and I haven't compared that to MRSP recently. If it's above MSRP, I'd still shop around.
Watching social media since the release, there are definitely people who want that 6V. I suspect the transition will be just fine. There's a lot of people out there that are having challenges with change in engines. I imagine it's much like when the car first came out, "I'll take my carriage and horse". ;)
EV is here, it's just a matter of what style and what fuel. I digress, anyway, the V6s will likely keep their value.

For me, I'm over it, this old lady is ready for the next gen considering I still get the same or better! power. :)

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
Watching social media since the release, there are definitely people who want that 6V. I suspect the transition will be just fine. There's a lot of people out there that are having challenges with change in engines. I imagine it's much like when the car first came out, "I'll take my carriage and horse". ;)
EV is here, it's just a matter of what style and what fuel. I digress, anyway, the V6s will likely keep their value.

For me, I'm over it, this old lady is ready for the next gen considering I still get the same or better! power. :)
Yup, I decided to skip over the current gen, even though I know I'd get a reliable tank. I think having newer tech and better mpg is a win for me, as I plan on going 10+ years with it.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
Looks like this is my next vehicle. What can I expect in terms of dealer markups? Its been awhile since I have bought a new vehicle. Is MSRP a realistic goal? Also can I expect to get one this fall? Hoping to hear back from everyone who might help....
Part of the answer is that it depends on what trim you want. The top of the line TRD Pro, Trailhunter and Platinum trims will carry price markups for longer than the other models. You should be able to buy the other trims at MSRP or below within a few weeks of them hitting dealers in bulk.

Check out this allocations list on Tacoma4g -- there's plenty of trucks at MSRP already: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...ptions-pricing-adm-markups-availability.1870/

OP
OP
STD67

STD67

First Name
Rutger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Don't expect any discount off MRSP, I think that is a 0% chance. Don't believe they can sell it over MSRP either.
I'm trying to look into the crystal ball for any ideas on what to expect. Only time will tell probably.

OP
OP
STD67

STD67

First Name
Rutger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yup, I decided to skip over the current gen, even though I know I'd get a reliable tank. I think having newer tech and better mpg is a win for me, as I plan on going 10+ years with it.
The 2025 looks much, much nicer. I'm holding off. I'm excited.