Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I'm sure the pricing will ease, once the frenzy subsides. I've never bought a vehicle anywhere close to MSRP and I have no intention to start now. I very much like the 6G, but not enough to pad an unethical dealer's coffers with my money.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Sorry miss read your post . I'm in Canada and due to the exchange I'm scared for these prices lol
Thankfully they never seem to follow exchange rates exactly but price according to each individual market. I’m assuming primarily based on competition & affordability.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
I'm sure the pricing will ease, once the frenzy subsides. I've never bought a vehicle anywhere close to MSRP and I have no intention to start now. I very much like the 6G, but not enough to pad an unethical dealer's coffers with my money.
I’ve been meaning to look up that exact law. Any Canucks have it off hand? When I get a chance I’ll try to dig it up. Always handy to have as reference.
https://www.amvic.org/all-in-pricin..., pre-delivery,with financing (if applicable).
Here’s what I see in Alberta. I’ve never seen any kind of federal law. The way I read it thankfully they can’t charge above MSRP just because, but they can charge huge fees for things like nitrogen in tires, etc. So long as they’re giving you something for your money above MSRP & it’s clearly stated I think.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I can't imagine that they can charge 65k for a TRD pro. Not for the Tacoma and not for the 4Runner. With the economy slowing down and demand for cars not going up I think they have to be careful with pricing (maybe with markups in the first three month the can charge a lot). There is a reason why they positioned the Landcruiser 20k below what it was before. And the Lexus GX is not more expensive either. If they want 65k for a TRD pro then it's close to 70k when it's on your doorstep. And for that money you get Wranglers, Grand Cherokees, Broncos with all the goodies.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
LC premium is 70.
If we call that top trim, I’d think the trd pro will be close to that?

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
LC premium is 70.
If we call that top trim, I’d think the trd pro will be close to that?
Will be interesting to see if Toyota thinks they can position the 4Runner in the same price category as the Landcruiser. In that case they would charge 65-70k for the TRD pro. I would expect them to position the 4Runner a level below the Landcruiser. With a Tacoma interior that you get in a Tacoma for 50k it's hard for me to imagine they charge so much higher prices than a Taco.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been meaning to look up that exact law. Any Canucks have it off hand? When I get a chance I’ll try to dig it up. Always handy to have as reference.
No,there is no truth in that, dealers are able to do as they please being independent of the car manufacturers as in the USA.

Clodydeloady

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GCL Overland 2021
In reference to Markups ; If the invoice sticker is still in the window they have to sell it for that price, same when you go to Wall Mart you pay the sticker price. Unfortunately most of the time they remove the sticker. In hope that we can buy véhicule via internet, Amazon soon!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
In reference to Markups ; If the invoice sticker is still in the window they have to sell it for that price, same when you go to Wall Mart you pay the sticker price. Unfortunately most of the time they remove the sticker. In hope that we can buy véhicule via internet, Amazon soon!
Florida just passed a bill recently that allows dealerships to mark up In the state. Really sucks honestly

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Will be interesting to see if Toyota thinks they can position the 4Runner in the same price category as the Landcruiser. In that case they would charge 65-70k for the TRD pro. I would expect them to position the 4Runner a level below the Landcruiser. With a Tacoma interior that you get in a Tacoma for 50k it's hard for me to imagine they charge so much higher prices than a Taco.
I think they essentially did when they made the statement of: A LC is a safe cargo carrier, gets you and your family/stuff to where you want to be safely. The 4R is the fun ride.

something to that effect. That kind of tells me that they see the positioning similar. Size, and engine is similar in half of the trims.

I guess we'll see when they FINALLY put the Taco Iforce max on the builder site. haha