2025 Toyota 4Runner Warranty / Extended Warranty

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
In case anyone missed it in the press release, the factory warranty is as follows below. Seems to be fairly standard (to industry) coverage in terms of length and mileage.

But anyone thinking of picking up extended warranty at some point? Or does the 4Runner historically been pretty issue free? If so, it's a good fact knowing that it's continued to be built at the Tahara plant in Japan.

Limited Warranty
Toyota’s 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty applies to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items. Additional 60-month warranties cover the powertrain for 60,000 miles and against perforation from corrosion for 60 months with no mileage limitation. Hybrid-related components that require repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first from original date of first use when sold as new. The hybrid battery is covered for 10 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, and is transferable across ownership.
The 2025 4Runner also comes with ToyotaCare, a plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance, for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, and 2 years, unlimited mileage of Roadside Assistance.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Interesting question. I’ve gotten the extended warranty on Fords & not had to use it. I didn’t figure you needed to on a Toyota. Isn’t that what you’re buying one for? I guess though their finance departments still would try to sell you one.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interesting question. I’ve gotten the extended warranty on Fords & not had to use it. I didn’t figure you needed to on a Toyota. Isn’t that what you’re buying one for? I guess though their finance departments still would try to sell you one.
I thought that was built into the price, piece of mind.

Reactions: MJE

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
My hubby got one for his Tundra, but it was also a hook to get it off the lot. 7 years ago was a lifetime ago.

Today, I doubt there will be any need for incentive to get these off the lot, at least not initially. Frankly, the standard warranty is pretty solid.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I got the extended warranty on my 2015 Jeep. (Yes, for a Jeep it's good to have.) I had every known issue with this model happen to me in the last two years and got it fixed on warranty. Overall about 15k in repairs (parts and labor). AC compressor, radiator, oil filter housing, transfer case, all 4 wheel bearings (surprisingly were covered by warranty), stuck break caliper. Whatever the next car is, it will be a hybrid or plug in hybrid. These are complex new technologies, so I will certainly get a 10 year warranty. I would hate to have a situation where I want to sell the car and have to pay a lot for repairs just to get it in shape for sale.
One main risk is that after 8 or 10 years even the extended warranty for the car electronics expires. If there is a problem with the countless chips in the new cars you're up for a big bill. So I would carefully read the coverage and maybe sell the car before the warranty on the electronics expires.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I avoid that by never keeping vehicles that long anymore. With all that can go wrong and will go wrong, “Murphy’s Law” and all. Computers on wheels.