Sponsored

Jax156

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tacoma trd off road
I only saw one other post with 285/65R18 BFG KO2s so I thought I'd share mine also. I can confirm no rubbing and a smooth ride.

I plan on adding the black XP wheels once they come off of backorder. They have a 45 offset and 8 inches wide vs the stock is 55 offset and 7.5 inches wide. That should give it close to 3/4 inch more poke. Which I think will be perfect for someone who doesn't want to go too far out.

1000018581.jpg
1000018582.jpg

1000018580.jpg
Sponsored

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
My Sport is being built and Im getting the TRD wheels..been looking at the same tires you have. How is the ride?

OP
OP
Jax156

Jax156

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tacoma trd off road
My Sport is being built and Im getting the TRD wheels..been looking at the same tires you have. How is the ride?
Congrats on your build, my buying process was a nightmare so hopefully yours goes a little more smooth.

Ride is slightly more bumpy on unsmooth roads, but not enough that the average person would even recognize. The steering actually feels better. Almost like the steering wheel tightened up a bit. So overall looks better and drives better IMO.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
Excellent Thats what I was hoping you would say! I wish there was a way to try tires before buying lol.

My buying process...I requested the trd sport with premium package and the TRD Wheels...The dealer thought I said "I want every single port option". I got the spec sheet and almost fell over. Luckily it was an easy change so hopefully theres no more drama lol.

OP
OP
Jax156

Jax156

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tacoma trd off road
Excellent Thats what I was hoping you would say! I wish there was a way to try tires before buying lol.

My buying process...I requested the trd sport with premium package and the TRD Wheels...The dealer thought I said "I want every single port option". I got the spec sheet and almost fell over. Luckily it was an easy change so hopefully theres no more drama lol.
I promise overall you'll be happy with the KO2s. KO3s just released but theres still some unknowns.

Toyota clumps a lot of items together in their packages and will say "that's the way it comes" but if you really spend the time researching you could save a ton by buying those options individually. For instance I was quoted 1300 for predator side steps when I could buy them for 600 and its 8 bolts. Most folks just say screw it and throw "x" package on there and be done with it.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
I like that look for offset / poke but the black wheels do look better - especially on silver

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
One thing to watch for with the KO's.........if you travel on rocky roads, the tires get rocks stuck in them and then fling them out at higher speeds and can chip your paint. 3:35 mark in THIS video.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
That’s essentially what I’m going to do but on 275/65 R18 tires. Can’t find the upgraded TRD rims yet though. Might leave the tires on the stock Sport 18” rims until next summer. I’m going to use the stock rims for winter tires.

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
That’s essentially what I’m going to do but on 275/65 R18 tires. Can’t find the upgraded TRD rims yet though. Might leave the tires on the stock Sport 18” rims until next summer. I’m going to use the stock rims for winter tires.
Hey Dave.
I just ditched my Michelin Primacy tires that came with my sport. Tirerack gave them a 5.5 for winter driving, which around Calgary for us isn't brilliant. I kept my stock rims and went with an all-weather. I think the KO is also winter rated, but something to consider before the end of the year. đź‘Ť

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Pre-Runner
I promise overall you'll be happy with the KO2s. KO3s just released but theres still some unknowns.

Toyota clumps a lot of items together in their packages and will say "that's the way it comes" but if you really spend the time researching you could save a ton by buying those options individually. For instance I was quoted 1300 for predator side steps when I could buy them for 600 and its 8 bolts. Most folks just say screw it and throw "x" package on there and be done with it.
There's a comparison betweek KO2s and KO3s here: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...ide-by-side-look-and-technical-analysis.4467/

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Man idk why but a 285 just doesn't look as wide as I was hoping on these trucks. Maybe it's the stock wheel width. Other then width it looks good filling up the wheel well. Hopefully my 18x9 methods will make the 285 look a bit wider. I think a 305 will be overkill

OP
OP
Jax156

Jax156

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tacoma trd off road
Man idk why but a 285 just doesn't look as wide as I was hoping on these trucks. Maybe it's the stock wheel width. Other then width it looks good filling up the wheel well. Hopefully my 18x9 methods will make the 285 look a bit wider. I think a 305 will be overkill
45-35 offset will make it look wider. It's just tucked to tight right now
Sponsored