johnduh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Everest
Just read this relevant article comparing both. LC is safe while 4R is fun, says the chief engineer for both

https://www.motor1.com/news/715514/2025-toyota-land-cruiser-vs-4runner/

"They each have a role, a mission that differentiates the two vehicles," Keita Moritsu, chief engineer for both the Land Cruiser and the 4Runner, told Motor1 through a translator. "The Land Cruiser is designed to support life. It has to be safe. Its duty is to transport people and goods safely and confidently. That's it's role. And obviously, it doesn't break. And even if it does break, it has to be easy to repair. It's a vehicle that gives people a peace of mind. That's the role of that vehicle."​
"In contrast, the 4Runner represents fun," Moritsu adds. "A leisurely off-road [experience]. The customers want to have an exciting time in the car. And to really be able to have fun is what's important. It's a much lighter, agile kind of vehicle. And [it has] a much more energetic, active kind of persona to it."​

Last edited:

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
All I'm saying is, back in 2003 when I custom ordered my Jeep Liberty Renegade, the supplemental airbags were an option. I didn't order them...

4 Run Run Run

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport with manual transmission
Where’s the “fun” without offering the manual transmission from the Tacoma? 🤔
Since my very first car, I have owned nothing but manuals. I actually enjoy driving - but the enjoyment to me only comes with being able to row my own gears. I have been deciding for years now between buying the new Bronco or the old F J Cruiser - but recently (until now) I hoped for the possible option of buying the 2025 4Runner with the Tacoma 6-speed manual. So in the meantime, I will keep on looking while still enjoying the drive in my 6-speed manual 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport.

Last edited: