A dealer has a Supra in concrete, a new color. Has anyone seen this?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I have never seen or heard of this color but the dealer says it is new out?
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have never seen or heard of this color but the dealer says it is new out?
That is not a color offered by Toyota...The only gray tones are Turbulence Gray and Phantom which is a matte finish...And then there is Tungsten which is a dark silver...

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That is not a color offered by Toyota...The only gray tones are Turbulence Gray and Phantom which is a matte finish...And then there is Tungsten which is a dark silver...
Strange, they insist it is a new color, but I would agree with you. It is no where to be found, so why they call it Concrete, I don't know. They are going to send an image.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Strange, they insist it is a new color, but I would agree with you. It is no where to be found, so why they call it Concrete, I don't know. They are going to send an image.
It wouldn't be the first nor the last time a Salesman is wrong...I had to educate a Salesman on the Supra when I was purchasing mine... LOL

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It wouldn't be the first nor the last time a Salesman is wrong...I had to educate a Salesman on the Supra when I was purchasing mine... LOL
Yes, the 1st person I went in and saw, when I wanted to see the Supra, knew less than I did. So I just enjoyed looking at it and sitting in it.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would bet it is Phantom, which seems to look like concrete, in a way. Have you seen the Phantom?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would bet it is Phantom, which seems to look like concrete, in a way. Have you seen the Phantom?
I haven't seen in person...I like how it looks in the pics but that matte paint finish is going to be very difficult to maintain...

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't seen in person...I like how it looks in the pics but that matte paint finish is going to be very difficult to maintain...
That is what I have always read. Looks good at first but eventually it will take on more of a sheen and there goes the matte.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I have always read. Looks good at first but eventually it will take on more of a sheen and there goes the matte.
yeah and good luck trying to remove a fine scratch or repair a chip...You'd be better off purchasing a Turbulence Gray and wrapping it in clear self healing Matte film...Ha!

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah and good luck trying to remove a fine scratch or repair a chip...You'd be better off purchasing a Turbulence Gray and wrapping it in clear self healing Matte film...Ha!
Yeah, it is Tungsten, not my color. :^)

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
If Iā€™ve learned anything about my supra over the last few months of ownership, itā€™s that the dealerships know nothing about this car. Iā€™ve met only one tech within hundreds of miles who knew enough to give me insightful information.

One salesman even told me the supra did not come in different models, and that the one on their lot was the same one every lot would have -__-

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
If Iā€™ve learned anything about my supra over the last few months of ownership, itā€™s that the dealerships know nothing about this car. Iā€™ve met only one tech within hundreds of miles who knew enough to give me insightful information.

One salesman even told me the supra did not come in different models, and that the one on their lot was the same one every lot would have -__-
You sure you didn't stray into Canada ;)

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Phantom looks cool but I wouldnā€™t want to have to care for matte paint. The manual cautions about proper care and cleaning...

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Canada only got one model. Fully loaded premium lol

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Canada only got one model. Fully loaded premium lol
Iā€™m in south Louisiana, and I had seen all 3 models in person before inquiring. Thatā€™s no so bad, at least itā€™s not base only!
Sponsored