First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fame-usa.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Prem, 2019 Toyota Sienna LTD Prem
This sub-topic seems to have low activity so here's a small attempt to see if there's any life in it. ;)

As we ever so slooowwwly move from Kentucky to Florida my Floritucky Supra is living in Florida for the moment. In my garage in Edgewater it has found a stable mate that some of you may find of interest. It is a Porsche 944 Turbo that has been retro'ed to an original Rothmans racing scheme for 1986. It's an active racer on the Sports Car Vintage Racing Associaton (SVRA) circuit, on the Historic Sports Car Racing (SHR) circuit, and on Vintage Porsche Racing, and is part of the Space Coast Porsche Club of America. I would like to claim this cool car as mine, of course, but it belongs to, and is raced by, my next door neighbor. He, his wife, my wife, and I are long time friends and he parks the car in my garage. His own is filled with a very near pristine 1961 Corvette and a 2014 Porsche Cayman 718 which has been upgraded to the equivalent of a 2016 Cayman GT4. A college professor in his day life, he is also an instructional driver at Daytona International Speedway in addition to Sebring, Road Atlanta, and others. So, beyond being a good friend, for the car world I have a pretty interesting neighbor!

Dennis

enhance.jpg

enhance.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Great picture and love the cars side by side. These cars are meant for the Florida weather. Definitely love the the Supra.

OP
OP
DioParker

DioParker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fame-usa.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Prem, 2019 Toyota Sienna LTD Prem
Great picture and love the cars side by side. These cars are meant for the Florida weather. Definitely love the the Supra.
Ah! There is life. ;)

Thanks, Jay. I took the car out this past Monday for a drive with a Porsche (the 718 modded to a GT4, noted above) and a 2019 'Vette C7. We're doing it again tomorrow with the same Porsche, a Porsche 911 Targa, and possibly two C7s. We got pics from the first run and plan to do the same tomorrow. I'll post a few.

I see that you're a veteran. What branch? What did you do?

Dennis

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ah! There is life. ;)

Thanks, Jay. I took the car out this past Monday for a drive with a Porsche (the 718 modded to a GT4, noted above) and a 2019 'Vette C7. We're doing it again tomorrow with the same Porsche, a Porsche 911 Targa, and possibly two C7s. We got pics from the first run and plan to do the same tomorrow. I'll post a few.

I see that you're a veteran. What branch? What did you do?

Dennis
I haven't driven the Supra in about a month in a half. There are recalls for the rear differential seal failing after 1600 miles. After changing my oil at 3200, the dealership noticed the seal breach. It was pretty bad , so had to wait till tomorrow to get it fixed. I have been really wanting to drive around but couldn't. I can't wait to enjoy a drive for a bit. Glad that you had a great time getting a chance to take the cars out.

Yes I am a veteran. I was in the army and did deployed to Iraq in 04-05. I'm retired and don't do much lol. I just trying to get the car looking nice and finding stuff to add to it.
Sponsored