A90 Supra life cycle: Incremental updates? New variants coming? What's next?

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
Two issues, Toyota's 2025 hybrid goal and somehow they would need to get BMW on board.
While I doubt it will happen, maybe Toyota will learn from this venture and decide to build an A100 in house. My concern is if they would actually put in a V6 hybrid powertrain instead of a 4 cylinder, assuming they are pulling engines from their own inventory.

Maybe they'll jump ship to Mercedes to snag one of their I6 hybrids instead, assuming that Tada-san doesn't shut that down.
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Last edited:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
While I doubt it will happen, maybe Toyota will learn from this venture and decide to build an A100 in house. My concern is if they would actually put in a V6 hybrid powertrain instead of a 4 cylinder, assuming they are pulling engines from their own inventory.

Maybe they'll jump ship to Mercedes to snag one of their I6 hybrids instead, assuming that Tada-san doesn't shut that down.
That has been covered.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/news-update-and-discussion-on-next-gen-a100-supra.1840/

And here.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/the-a70ttr-dedication-thread.686/page-66#post-84687

3) Not sure honestly, but one of the BMW guys said that's likely going to be a thing. But maybe the next Supra is already being developed in-house as a hybrid :D

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
Thanks for the links. Here's hoping that they can keep the costs down then. I guess I'll be waiting a few years to determine what I trade into next.

lemonslush

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra premium nitro yellow, xc90, element
if the 2023 comes with a removable t or hard top like a vett im trading my new car in so fast. If the 2023 has more HP and better traction for the same price i will also be trading it in. If it comes in neon green or purple that would be cool although my favorite color is yellow. Im not supre into the retro styling. Let a new car look like a new car, doesnt always have to look like a slightly different version than a mkiv which I was never in love with its wicked 90s aesthetic.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
if the 2023 comes with a removable t or hard top like a vett im trading my new car in so fast. If the 2023 has more HP and better traction for the same price i will also be trading it in. If it comes in neon green or purple that would be cool although my favorite color is yellow. Im not supre into the retro styling. Let a new car look like a new car, doesnt always have to look like a slightly different version than a mkiv which I was never in love with its wicked 90s aesthetic.
I was never really a fan of the MKIV Supra either. I didn't like the roof, and the headlights looked wonky to me.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
SOP for the G29 was 11/2018. With an EOP date of 10/2025 that would be 6 yrs and 11 months. The same time frame for the J29.

If the end of production date for the J29 is still accurate (3/2019-3/2026) then that would give it a total time frame of 6 yrs and 11 months.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Just a thought, but maybe the redesign lights aren't ready for whatever reason. That would explain the 4 month delay as noted by justbake.
Sponsored