A90 Supra life cycle: Incremental updates? New variants coming? What's next?

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
IMO they are definitely planning a hybrid Supra. It would be stupid of them not to. The sheer performance per dollar with the decade+ of creating and innovating hybrids is clear. They could take Mazdas inline 6, twin turbo and still have hybrid and AWD. If they don't do it it's because they hate fun because they could easily make a 600hp Supra. Imagine leaving your neighborhood in silence in EV mode, then lighting up valved exhaust as soon as its clear. Idc if it costs 100k I'd buy it if the interior is decent. Old Supra legacy is already permanently changed with the A90, might as well go all the way deep and make something amazing. That's My rant about it. Lol
A100 should be Hybrid, AWD, and at least 500hp. Make the car physically bigger if needed. Charge 100k. I'd buy it.
I'd like to agree with you but you just pointed out everything people attacked the NC1 for
Sponsored

yellowman

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 C.F edition 2021 jeep GC
I should send my supra to a conversion shop and drop in a tesla electric motor the biggest one i could get then i would have the best of both worlds. Just wait somebody will due it. I have seen a lot of conversions done on vintage cars so why not a supra ???

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I should send my supra to a conversion shop and drop in a tesla electric motor the biggest one i could get then i would have the best of both worlds. Just wait somebody will due it. I have seen a lot of conversions done on vintage cars so why not a supra ???
I bet the i4 rear subframe more or less just drops in ?

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Not sure if anyone has already posted about this but it was posted on a BMW forum the other day.
M2 in camo but also next to a Supra in camo.
Anyone think this could be the special version with the S58?
01666896949.jpeg

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Not sure if anyone has already posted about this but it was posted on a BMW forum the other day.
M2 in camo but also next to a Supra in camo.
Anyone think this could be the special version with the S58?
01666896949.jpeg
Were there anymore pics?

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Watch it be a 2.0 manual.

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I think it would be a little odd to add a manual to the low selling 2.0 and especially with only 2 model years left.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Nice to have a date for this photo. Could've been during the M2s testing.. seems a bit late now, no?

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I truly think Toyota is going to release the (Targa) Sport Top in 2024. What else could they do to make it a special edition if not?

How long do you think the MKV will be produced by Toyota? Next years cars will start shipping in less than a year and that Will be year 5. With the success and rave reviews, I think the MKV Supra isn’t going anywhere until it slows in selling and being the best bang for the buck in the sports car market, I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts and predictions.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I truly don't think a targa top is ever coming. I only say that due to the contract made with bmw. Bmw would produce the Convertible and Toyota the coupe.targa isn't a true convertible I know, but probably some lingo in there to stop that. Just my thoughts. And I don't think a new iteration will happen. If anything, make it longer but not a mkvi if that makes sense. It's entirely up to bmw and their profitability with the joint venture. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong, could be right. Who knows.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I too think the testing could be too over the top for a targa..
I hope productuin continues for another 2 years at least, because I still want a white Supra in my garage next to my black one..

I am still traumatized I could not get the A91 CF this year.. it had everything I wanted.. white exterior and red interior and all.
Sponsored