A91 MT Dyno Results

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Picked up the car on Tuesday last week and I want to put some mods on but properly document everything this time. Other owners please share your results! It would be cool to see how everyone is progressing.

Currently has no mods and 300 miles.

1666108428012.png

Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Did they really plot engine speed vs engine speed, and it's somehow not a perfectly straight line? And why does the header say it's a 2021 if it's an MT?

370 on a Mustang seems reasonable though.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've been wanting to baseline my car, but one local Dyno is a dynapack and I don't want to deal with people arguing about the numbers. The local dynojet isn't available during the time I'm free. Bleh. Those are solid numbers, though.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Seems like pretty high numbers for being stock on a mustang dyno. I'd bet it would be over 400whp on a dynojet.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Seems like pretty high numbers for being stock on a mustang dyno. I'd bet it would be over 400whp on a dynojet.
Don't play that game. I'm going to assume that MD is setup to read like a dynojet as that is high for a "normal" MD.

Note that the torque plotted is different than the peak numbers listed below. Plotted it isn't anywhere close to 420wtq.

Also, whoever chose to have TQ plotted in yellow on white is making bad life decisions.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Don't play that game. I'm going to assume that MD is setup to read like a dynojet as that is high for a "normal" MD.

Also, whoever chose to have HP plotted in yellow on white is making bad life decisions.
It makes sense to me. I'd expect a manual to read a little higher than the automatic and the automatics already dyno at like ~390whp stock on a dynojet.

OP
OP
barasoap

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Did they really plot engine speed vs engine speed, and it's somehow not a perfectly straight line? And why does the header say it's a 2021 if it's an MT?

370 on a Mustang seems reasonable though.
Not too sure about the engine speed plot either but it looks straight enough to me. Maybe it's just a smoothing thing in software.

As for the 2021, My old car was a 2021 Supra 2.0 so they must have just not updated the entry.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Not too sure about the engine speed plot either but it looks straight enough to me. Maybe it's just a smoothing thing in software.

As for the 2021, My old car was a 2021 Supra 2.0 so they must have just not updated the entry.
Having owned the 2.0 and now the 3.0 - what is your personal thoughts on the 2.0? Iā€™ve been checking out a few reviews on the comps but it would be interesting to know your thoughts since youā€™ve personally owned both.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
OP
OP
barasoap

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Having owned the 2.0 and now the 3.0 - what is your personal thoughts on the 2.0? Iā€™ve been checking out a few reviews on the comps but it would be interesting to know your thoughts since youā€™ve personally owned both.
Honestly, I loved the car. Coming from a Camry, it was my first step into having fun with your car and it was really amazing. For what I did with it, I enjoyed it. It looked absolutely phenomenal after I lowered it and put new wheels on and it sounded amazing after intake, downpipe and exhaust. Overall, when I was in the 3.0 I just noticed that the performance was way more consistent the entire way through. It feels like it pulls all the time and just wants to go more. It is true that the 2.0 felt a lot lighter and attacked the turns better but the 3.0 just felt way more fun. It is also very frustrating when doing all these mods that the 2.0 just isn't the more popular platform and everything that is mentioned online is for a car that isn't mine and may or may not work. Parts are less available and sometimes you're pioneering things for the first time. I'm pretty sure I had one of the first HKS Exhausts ever put on a 2.0 stateside and that entire experience was frustrating but at least I got my money back from HKS. Maybe if I were more experienced in working with cars I would've had a better experience and kept my 2.0 but I'm still a newbie.

Overall, I loved it but I always wanted more. If I were not going to modify it any further and I was happy then I would've stayed with the 2.0 but I just kept itching.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Dynojet, please

OP
OP
barasoap

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Dynojet, please
Sure Iā€™ll try to schedule a session tomorrow. Found a shop that has one but itā€™s much farther from me than this one. Is dynojet the golden standard?

Congrats on the upgrade! Did you happen to dyno your 2.0 on that same dyno?
Thanks! Unfortunately not. They helped me install other parts in the past though.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I was being halfway facetious but by all means please put it on a DJ if you can! A Mustang Dyno is an excellent tuning tool but impossible for true comparison's sake. Barring any wacky weather correction factor and/or significant elevation differences, Dynojet are all very very consistent dyno to dyno.
Sponsored