A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
As you say posting track day clips on youtube as being a reason dealers have denied warranty work, I wonder if any would for the Supra since you get the membership some car club thing and a single day at the track i think.
Yeah I bet they still would. Manufacturer marketing and the dealer network are usually not on the same page.

Bananashark

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Toyota Supra
Is this why my A91 was sent to a BMW dealership to get a "software upgrade" before arriving at my dealer? My dealer called the other day saying it had to go to a BMW dealership before being shipped there. Still waiting...

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Most likely, "No!" The issue here is hardware lock supplied by Bosch. So any vehicle including supra & BMW that are equipped with ECU from Bosch since June/July 2020 are affected. Vehicles manufactured prior to this change can be unlocked with conventional method, as I understand.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Wish there was any indication of when this could possibly be done - never thought I'd be sad about having a brand new 21.

I wonder, will this affect all future BMW's? As in the new M3/M4 as well?

GotA91

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1stgen Celica, Ae86, Ls14 and A91 edition
Titan Motorsport alrdy unlock it. They have a A91 pushing 700whp alrdy.!

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
They can't tell the difference between an A90 & A91
Either way, A90/A91, apparently it's only the build date that matters to when Bosch updated the ECU's, and unfortunately I am past that cut-off date. I'm sure there are lots of reasons around IP, autonomous driving vehicles, etc why they would do this, and less so about giving the middle fingers to those who like to make their cars go faster. I guess my concern is, if it's not done already, how long it will take. Seems like this is past the point of a tuning shop, and more along the lines of an actual "hacker" being able to bypass this kind of security. Luckily, I'm sure there's plenty of code monkeys out there who like a good challenge.

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
There still seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors around what 2021 cars can be tuned. Thankfully I’ve got no dog in this race as I have a 2020. I was hoping to see what OpenFlash was going to bring to the table but they’ve been MIA for a little whole now.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Well they responded to me and said they can't do it if it's 7/20 or later.
Shoot me a text and ill see if I can assist.

252-314-5604