A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Lilchief, check the build date on the driver's door jam. It's discussed earlier in this forum. As far as the stealership tell them you won't close the deal PERIOD! Of course, if you ordered it you maybe $hit out of luck.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Lilchief, check the build date on the driver's door jam. It's discussed earlier in this forum. As far as the stealership tell them you won't close the deal PERIOD! Of course, if you ordered it you maybe $hit out of luck.
That doesn't tell it. You have to look on physical ECU itself for the date.

Lilchief

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium, 2015 Corolla LE
No didnā€™t have it ordered ?.... but I mean is it really just time before they figure this thing out? Or are there ECUs that are unbreakable? donā€™t make fun Im new to this.

ijrebuck

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
So Iā€™m suppose to sign on my new 21 Supra tomorrow... you guys thing there is any chance the dealership will let me look at the ECUs date first lol?
It's your money. you don't have to pay for anything you don't want to... even if it's a build. If you REALLY want to look at the ECU and they don't let you, walk. It only takes about 2 minutes to check it, as you can see from the video I posted. Use your fingers to pull the plastic tabs back, gently pull up on those black cables and the ecu will start sliding up. Once it's up and past the hooks, you can use your camera and flashlight to zoom in on that tag.

A lot of people buy this car for it's upgradability and tuning potential. If that's a factor for you then don't get one that currently can't be tuned. I wouldn't spend 10s of thousands of dollars hoping someone will hack into the ECUs, no matter how likely it is. Some of us don't mind, some of us are ok with JB4s, and some of us found out a little too late lol

Lilchief

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium, 2015 Corolla LE
It's your money. you don't have to pay for anything you don't want to... even if it's a build. If you REALLY want to look at the ECU and they don't let you, walk. It only takes about 2 minutes to check it, as you can see from the video I posted. Use your fingers to pull the plastic tabs back, gently pull up on those black cables and the ecu will start sliding up. Once it's up and past the hooks, you can use your camera and flashlight to zoom in on that tag.

A lot of people buy this car for it's upgradability and tuning potential. If that's a factor for you then don't get one that currently can't be tuned. I wouldn't spend 10s of thousands of dollars hoping someone will hack into the ECUs, no matter how likely it is. Some of us don't mind, some of us are ok with JB4s, and some of us found out a little too late lol
Whats jb4?

xcantuaj

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep JL, Ford F150
Found a used 2021.....but

This vehicle is from a legitimate Toyota dealership.......they tell me that the car has mods and this one is rare because the ECU is not locked. UHHHHH.....what the heck is this about.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is there a link to the car?

Av1ates

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 07/20
Hey everyone, I just got a call from CarBahn Autoworks and they said they can unbench and tune the 2021 Supra with a DME date on or after 6/20. Iā€™ve been on their waiting list for a couple months. They do the tune at a BMW dealership near my house and it comes with a warranty.

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction, 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 2004 Scion Xb, 2019 Jeep MOAB
Hey everyone, I just got a call from CarBahn Autoworks and they said they can unbench and tune the 2021 Supra with a DME date on or after 6/20. Iā€™ve been on their waiting list for a couple months. They do the tune at a BMW dealership near my house and it comes with a warranty.
This is very interesting they will just unlock and send back?

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This would be all over the FB groups if they were now tuneable. Not believing it lol

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This would be all over the FB groups if they were now tuneable. Not believing it lol
I reached out to the company

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I reached out to the company
They do unlock but only will install their tune. Dme will remain locked for any type of obd2 flashing. They do warranty it like a new car though so I guess there are ups and downs to it. Also if they unlocked it and can flash its just a matter of time.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Couldnā€™t someone buy a 2020 MY ECU and swap that into the 2021?