A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I think APR over at the VW/Audi group has offered something similar like a stage 1 tune with a warranty since 2017.

I'm definitely familiar with APR (even had their stage 2 on my '12 GTI) but never heard of Carbahn. Anyone have any experience with them?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hadn't heard of the company name, or may have forgotten it, but it's Steve Dinan's and I've heard many good Dinan beamers. https://www.dinancars.com/
Thinking of Dinan, I just remembered Gemballa as well. Good old days :)

1610515414094.png

1610515346854.png

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Keep me posted, I have a ECU date of 6/26/2020 and per Titan, Visconti and others ECU is locked and cannot be tuned until further notice. I am unsure if this Carbahn company is just full of it . Titan motorsports claims ECU DATES of 6/21/2020 , but anything after they cannot unlock. Visconti states 6/1/2020 and after nothing can be unlocked, both are reputable companies. Kies motorsports states anything after 6/21/2020 nothing can be unlocked as well. Keep us updated ! what is your ECU DATE to be on the dot? 6/?/2020
I have the exact Ecu Date bro, pretty shit to not be able to tune.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Is it possible to pull the stock ecu, drop in a stand alone without any rewiring? Just wondering if its plug n play if you wanted to spend the money on stand alone to basically swap back and forth between ecu’s .

yes, I understamd there would be issues if you swapped back to a stock ecu with all/any mods still on the car.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well, sorry for the bad news, but Carbahn was unable to unlock my DME. They were apologetic and said they think they’ll have it figured out in a week.
That sucks. But for them to say they'll have it "figured out in a week" shows that they don't know what they're talking about.

MambasupraTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I have the exact Ecu Date bro, pretty shit to not be able to tune.

**update** I just spoke with Chris yesterday on 1/13/2021 about someone on this post stating Carbahn could unlock 2021 ECUs, very interesting information was given to me, He pulled my ECU date via VIN # and saw that it had the recent update, he mentioned that Steve Dinan is working on a solution (as he did with BMWs with the same issue) on being able to unlock these ECUs. Chris hopes to have an answer for me by this next WED on how their new computer they purchased for like 6K to be able to find a solution to unlock our ECUs. He stated Steven Dinan is investing money into this to find a solution. I hope its not all hopes and dreams that will be crushed, but Chris seemed fairly confident in Steve Dinans abilities to crack the ECU due to his many years of experience. I flat out told him if this really happens he will make bank and many 21s will be flocking over to his services. I will keep you all updated for sure

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction, 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 2004 Scion Xb, 2019 Jeep MOAB
I've emailed the company prior and they said no problem clearly they did. And also if they can truly unlock why not just unlock.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I'm about to have my Supra go into the shop and finally worked up the courage to check the ECU date... 06/06/2020.... Oh well.

It will be some time before getting everything in there. Hopefully there a break through by the time performance parts are installed.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
**update** I just spoke with Chris yesterday on 1/13/2021 about someone on this post stating Carbahn could unlock 2021 ECUs, very interesting information was given to me, He pulled my ECU date via VIN # and saw that it had the recent update, he mentioned that Steve Dinan is working on a solution (as he did with BMWs with the same issue) on being able to unlock these ECUs. Chris hopes to have an answer for me by this next WED on how their new computer they purchased for like 6K to be able to find a solution to unlock our ECUs. He stated Steven Dinan is investing money into this to find a solution. I hope its not all hopes and dreams that will be crushed, but Chris seemed fairly confident in Steve Dinans abilities to crack the ECU due to his many years of experience. I flat out told him if this really happens he will make bank and many 21s will be flocking over to his services. I will keep you all updated for sure
Greats news! Fingers crossed, looking forward to hear more.

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
Wouldn’t it be funny if Dinan was the one to do it... some of his E36 work back in the day had me all giddy. BMW legend.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
In the link I provided above, he's selling a flash tune specific to 21MY Supra's. Doesn't say if before or after June, but specific to 21...

If anyone's in CA, maybe drop by 1965 Kyle Park Court, San Jose, CA 95125?

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Carbahn even reached out to me inquiring asking could we unlock it for them last week or early this week. I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Some tunes dont care and are waiting for others to figure it out. Us ... we're working hard daily on trying to come up with a solution ourselves.

For someone to say they should be able to do it in a week is crap. There is no ETA. No telling how long it could take. When it happens, it happens. Could be in an hour, could be in 6 months.

Ill certainly keep everyone posted if there is any news to share.

MambasupraTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Carbahn even reached out to me inquiring asking could we unlock it for them last week or early this week. I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Some tunes dont care and are waiting for others to figure it out. Us ... we're working hard daily on trying to come up with a solution ourselves.

For someone to say they should be able to do it in a week is crap. There is no ETA. No telling how long it could take. When it happens, it happens. Could be in an hour, could be in 6 months.

Ill certainly keep everyone posted if there is any news to share.
whoever figures this out first will be the top dog for sure and $$$$$$$ richer. Many of us 21s are waiting for this miracle to happen lolz