A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

TheGuac

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 RS7, 2021 GLE63S
you are able to do those changes with OBDLINK. just no tune for now unfortunately :(
Yeah, I didn't know about the tuning issue until after I bought the car. Kind of annoying. But if I won't error out when coding in the Body Domain Controller section, like what some people were reporting earlier, that is at least some good news in this saga.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Yeah, I didn't know about the tuning issue until after I bought the car. Kind of annoying. But if I won't error out when coding in the Body Domain Controller section, like what some people were reporting earlier, that is at least some good news in this saga.
some of the codes you need to seect the Z4 while other ones you can select Supra.
7B62B4D4-4CA9-4C88-8135-4029857E0197.png

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
ecutek has no issues unlocking 120 cal. I unlock these all the time. This is not an ecutek specific issue there are zero unlock tools that work with the new physical harswere regardless of the software version.
I am on 120 cal, how does ecutek unlock? I thought you have to send the ecu for bench unlock and then use ecutek? I do have Ecutek and license, just need to figure out simpler way for unlocking without sending my ecu.

I have heard rumors that Ecutek will unlock 120 cal.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I am on 120 cal, how does ecutek unlock? I thought you have to send the ecu for bench unlock and then use ecutek? I do have Ecutek and license, just need to figure out simpler way for unlocking without sending my ecu.

I have heard rumors that Ecutek will unlock 120 cal.
We just did 6 ECUs today, all 120s. You donā€™t even have to ship it. We offer remote unlock also. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

[email protected]

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
We just did 6 ECUs today, all 120s. You donā€™t even have to ship it. We offer remote unlock also. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

[email protected]
Can you dm me? Also, Iā€™m getting tune from Jeff or Marin, still deciding. Will they any issue with the way the ecu is unlocked?

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Can you dm me? Also, Iā€™m getting tune from Jeff or Marin, still deciding. Will they any issue with the way the ecu is unlocked?
Sure. Nope, no issues. One of the ones we unlocked today was for Jeff.

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I have received quotes from $300-$700 for Ecu bench unlock which is outrageous. Why canā€™t the unlock be part of the tune? Especially the ECUs that can be unlocked.
Is it just me or I feel some type of a way with the support group for Supra?

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I have received quotes from $300-$700 for Ecu bench unlock which is outrageous. Why canā€™t the unlock be part of the tune? Especially the ECUs that can be unlocked.
Is it just me or I feel some type of a way with the support group for Supra?
Wow, even if you are buying the software and tune from them itā€™s an extra 300-700 to unlock it?

I was under the impression it wasnā€™t a very time intensive process. Maybe Iā€™m wrong

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
If it was easy or the equipment was cheap, everyone would be doing it.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Wow, even if you are buying the software and tune from them itā€™s an extra 300-700 to unlock it?

I was under the impression it wasnā€™t a very time intensive process. Maybe Iā€™m wrong
Yes, itā€™s additional cost to unlock on top of tune. The process is not complicated, takes about 5-10 mins to unlock from what I have read.

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
If it was easy or the equipment was cheap, everyone would be doing it.
The process isnā€™t complicated at all. From what I have seen from Kies motors, the equipment isnā€™t that expensive to charge $300-$700 range. It should be done by ecutek as part of the buying ecutek and license for a significant amount.

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Tuners are very specific on which vendors should be used for unlocking. I believe unlocking is unlocking so it shouldnā€™t matter.
Do you know if anyone has used their service and then got tune?
tons of people. Justin @ Twisted tuning is a forum member and he can answer those questions more specifically, but everyone who has used them has nothing but good things to say.

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
tons of people. Justin @ Twisted tuning is a forum member and he can answer those questions more specifically, but everyone who has used them has nothing but good things to say.
Thanks!! @Twisted Tuning can you confirm? Iā€™m trying to go with Jeff for the 93 tune. I do have a deskey with 375 points, and would also need a deskey swap.