A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I'm assuming they all are. There's probably at least a 1000 owners waiting to spend serious money to tune a '21 lol.
yep..... I’ll be 1/1000 owners looking the spend money on a custom tune as soon as it’s unlocked.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
Just bought the car this week, and wow this sucks to hear. Will it still benefit from the MST Intake for the 3.0 if I can't tune it?
Are there any bolt-ons the car actually benefits from without the ability to tune?

Thank you

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Just bought the car this week, and wow this sucks to hear. Will it still benefit from the MST Intake for the 3.0 if I can't tune it?
Are there any bolt-ons the car actually benefits from without the ability to tune?

Thank you
It depends when your car was made. Does it have an 03/20 or 06/20 manufacture date on the door jam decal?

-RJM

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
intake, jb4, downpipe -

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

Thank you
Intakes don't add anything to begin with. As a matter of fact, more often than not, they actually lose power. Intakes help when other things are upgraded too, like the turbo, and the engine just needs more air. At that point the stock intake becomes a bottleneck. But on a stock engine, an intake is useless and just for sound and engine bay dress-up.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium

Thank you
My suggestion is a jb4 and a quality catted downpipe (avoid CEL). It sounds amazing without being obnoxious and runs very strong.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
It depends when your car was made. Does it have an 03/20 or 06/20 manufacture date on the door jam decal?

-RJM
Its not the door jam date. It’s the ecu date my man. The door jam date is irrelevant.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
Its not the door jam date. It’s the ecu date my man. The door jam date is irrelevant.
He probably just meant the same thing you did. If it's 3/20 then you're fine but if it's 6/20 then you have an extra step to check on. He just never followed up with a response after the individual replied.

ijrebuck

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
i don't know if anyone is really working on it lol. What, do you have some programmer in the back just constantly crunching code to get this fixed? I don't think so. Time must be spent taking care of customers, installing parts, and tuning cars that can actually be done. If it's been this long, the reward may not be worth the work... at least for Supras (in terms of pure numbers). I do understand this Bosch issue isn't just affecting our cars, but still...